What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

JJ

Immortal
think the spoon is between us and the West Tigers. Bulldogs have a few more wins in them. Titans do too (in some absurd 40 points to 30 game because they sure won't win with their defence). I don't think either us or the Tigers have anymore than 1-2 wins left in the tank.
think you're probably right, although the Dogs need Burton to stay fit (and JAC)

Tigers and us just look bereft of anything really - it'll stay close, tbh I am not sure I caree about the spoon - dismal failure is dismal failure, and with the trash at the bottom it'll possibly come down to F/A which isn't that meaningful - if the spoon team was relegated, then things would get juicy

Blair

Coach
Let's try some marketing slogans for our upcoming game at Mt Smart against the Tigers, with the Wooden Spoon up for grabs.

1. Home, at last, not home and last!
2. Back to 'da hood to avoid the wood.
3. Thirty-two years without the 'spoon, and the first one aint comin' soon!
4. Loyal to the bitter end (but bring a friend, we need all the help we can get).

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Spoon race will be interesting

Tigers were actually putting in for Maguire at least, they may drop back further now he is gone. They have a large boost coming in Douehi

Dogs, the key will be if they can back it up. Cowboys, Eels and Roosters isn’t a bad trio of wins for them

JJ

Immortal
Knights could give it a shake too
and when I think of it, Brown's club building strengths really come through with both the Knights and us being so shit - to be fair to him other are equally culpable here, but he had a fair hand in developing the Knights

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
and when I think of it, Brown's club building strengths really come through with both the Knights and us being so shit - to be fair to him other are equally culpable here, but he had a fair hand in developing the Knights

in fairness to Brown he didn’t make the terrible call to let Pearce head away and replace him with Clune after making the finals the couple of years before

JJ

Immortal
in fairness to Brown he didn’t make the terrible call to let Pearce head away and replace him with Clune after making the finals the couple of years before
Yeah, but to be fair he spent a shitload of money on Roosters and Storm cast offs and achieved f**k all

Latest posts