What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
We're over the hump as far as the season goes, amazing how time flies footy-wise. Origin has put me a bit out of whack with the club stuff, which happens every year.

Tonight though, the Tigers v Raiders is a little ripper. I can't wait actually, it could be a shocker in quality but is a perfect match up, presuming Wests are still improving. There's also history, 1989 is never forgotten.

Saturday, the Warriors host Redcliffe. Webster hosts Bennett! I just feel the old master will know what needs to be done, but can his side do it? Mt Smart might be the difference.

Titans v Souths, Sharks v Broncos, a NSW v Qld hangover!

Sunday, Roosters v Bulldogs, will Tedesco make up for his Origin averageness? Both coaches need a win, bad. Ditto with Payten but his Cows host Melbourne!

We close with Penrith and St George. How many Panthers will be rested? That side gets hit hard by Origin. The Dragons have been knocked back by Ryles for a head-coaching spot. He's a 'favourite son' who wants to stay with the Storm. That's not a good sign for the Saints.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
House to myself for the night, sit down to watch the early Friday game and nothing there, disappointing !

here is a wee flashback from the past, the Cardinals v the Shiners in the Lion Red Cup. Real shame that never had a viable future for the game in this country

GoSouths

Juniors
IP undoing a great comeback. He must know that any contact with the legs is going to be a penalty, especially with that prick Sutton in charge. Its a dodgy rule, copied from the NFL. Any contact at all (however minor)with the punters legs is an automatic penalty. Shame for the Tigers. They were stitched up with 2 kicks hitting the posts in the same game. Unreal.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I gave up on that game midway through the 2nd half, bugger !! That rule I call the Steve Price rule, was a young player, Dragon or Sharks from memory, and Price had a habit of hitting kickers in the leg and this day shattered the kids leg and ended his career

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Was hoping the Raiders would cruise to an easy win there and be complacent next week, no chance of that now

Campion

Juniors
I gave up on that game midway through the 2nd half, bugger !! That rule I call the Steve Price rule, was a young player, Dragon or Sharks from memory, and Price had a habit of hitting kickers in the leg and this day shattered the kids leg and ended his career
Sharks player on debut if I recall. It was awful. Got him on the knee/leg and it bent the wrong way.

Blair

Coach
20-19, Raiders. Final. I gave up on the Tigers at 12-0 down and missed a cracker.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Real roller coaster of a game on the Gold Coast

Gee Johnston can score a try, already has 176,177 and 178 tonight to move to within 2 of the great man in 3rd place

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Ron Gibbs was launching himself at the knees of kickers when Price was in nappies

Blair

Coach
Real roller coaster of a game on the Gold Coast

Gee Johnston can score a try, already has 176,177 and 178 tonight to move to within 2 of the great man in 3rd place
46-28, Souths, sounds like a wild game. The home crowd would've felt like they lost ten bucks but found five.

Blair

Coach
That's two from two away for the Broncos, both with and without their Origin stars.

Unfortunately, they mean business this season.

Blair

Coach
Dylan Brown charged with not being able to keep his hands to himself, like Haynesy

idiot
He's a Kiwi too, how embarassing.

More bad news, the Chooks got over the Dogs in a thriller. Tedesco had a good game. But I was enjoying the tough times in Bondi.

Edit: the Cowboys are going off. Three tries already against the Storm, who look a bit sloppy. Kyle Feldt, the legend, was dropped from the team. That's big from Payten.

26-20, NQ. Twenty to go. Can they hold on? This year you wouldn't think so.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
He's a Kiwi too, how embarassing.

More bad news, the Chooks got over the Dogs in a thriller. Tedesco had a good game. But I was enjoying the tough times in Bondi.

Edit: the Cowboys are going off. Three tries already against the Storm, who look a bit sloppy. Kyle Feldt, the legend, was dropped from the team. That's big from Payten.

26-20, NQ. Twenty to go. Can they hold on? This year you wouldn't think so.
Embarrassing regardless of his nationality…

cowboys towelling them, weird season across the board

the Roosters Dogs game was terrific in a strange way

Blair

Coach
45-20, Cowboys. Final. They looked like the side we know they can be. Apparently Payten laid down the law, no one is being picked on reputation, even a grand final hero.

The next game, the Dragons ahead, Cleary hobbling off injured, the Panthers making mistakes...I'd love an upset!

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
An amazing season and an even more amazing round.

Melbourne getting smashed by Cowboys and Dragons hanging in there with Panthers.

would love to see the Dragons win

Latest posts