What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 15 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
A nice Origin-free round.

Tonight, nothing's easy for Brisbane. They've got Souths, the Broncos are coming last.

Friday, the Cows and Sharks are in that zone fighting for 7/8th spot. It's a tightrope there and they've got plenty of average company.

The main game is a beauty, Panthers v Roosters. Although, this one has lost some appeal due to the latter's dreadful injury and retirement toll. Still, the Panthers don't want to lose three on the trot!

Saturday sees the Knights - with four stars realigning - taking on the equally desperate Warriors in Newcastle. There's no room for failure here. Will Walsh be the difference?

Dragons v Raiders, again, no wiggle room for either side, and the Storm should deal to the Tigers, despite Big Ken likely to debut, after his hattrick against them last week!

Sunday, and the Eels look back on track, but I'd love the Dogs to win, as it keeps the downward heat on Brizzie. We close out with the Titans hosting Manly, who really dealt to them in Bathurst not that long ago.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I suspect Ponga and Pearce will make a difference for the Knights let's just hope they are a little underdone.

Covid is making its comeback in NSW (well Sydney) as well. Looks like the delta version is out and about.

Not sure about Bunnies 3rd try, runner stops in line, Broncos defender can't slide out to Reynolds creating a 3 on 2, but does look like they brace for tackle.Screenshot_20210617-210134_Kayo Sports.jpgScreenshot_20210617-210036_Kayo Sports.jpg

How good was Coats tackle on Gagai on a 90m break at death to stop a try!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Spark have the rights for the World Cup

Sky better get their act together and get the NRL stitched up long term !

Another couple of tries for Johnston, he will break the long standing record of ken Irvine if he stays injury free

Blair

Coach
46-0, another wipe-out. The gulf highlighted once again. I don't think too many people are happy with this situation, lest not the NRL.

A couple of decades ago and they'd be looking at the crowd numbers too, and you never want to be a team struggling on the field, with the NRL casting an eye over empty seats.*

*the modern day trick of building a new stadium and painting the seats in different 'home team' colours will only bide you a little more time, I reckon!

JJ

Immortal
46-0, another wipe-out. The gulf highlighted once again. I don't think too many people are happy with this situation, lest not the NRL.

A couple of decades ago and they'd be looking at the crowd numbers too, and you never want to be a team struggling on the field, with the NRL casting an eye over empty seats.*

*the modern day trick of building a new stadium and painting the seats in different 'home team' colours will only bide you a little more time, I reckon!
I'm stoked with the Broncos tbh

Blair

Coach
I'm stoked with the Broncos tbh

Same here, they're safe too, as they would be if it was 1999 all over again. The NRL knew who they didn't want back then. I doubt any team's seriously in their sights now either.

Blair

Coach
Massive finish in Townsville.

26-24, Sharks ahead but Cows with all the momentum!

Three mins left...

Massive finish in Townsville.

26-24, Sharks ahead but Cows with all the momentum!

Three mins left...
Then a 30cm from the ground head high tackle on Tolman has Sharks getting out of their end and Cows down a man for last 3 mins.
I guess players just have to learn to flop when they see a guy bending over that low.
Holmes had his 40m field goal shot and didn't pull it off. Typical nailed it against us (albeit not 40m out)

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Then a 30cm from the ground head high tackle on Tolman has Sharks getting out of their end and Cows down a man for last 3 mins.
I guess players just have to learn to flop when they see a guy bending over that low.
Holmes had his 40m field goal shot and didn't pull it off. Typical nailed it against us (albeit not 40m out)
F**king close but!367AAE36-D4E8-4D2E-AFEE-BD12EDD8F0F1.jpeg

Blair

Coach
Cleary just need ball in hand to take control of the game.

True, it's quite awesome watching Penrith right now. They have had the best run injury-wise though.

Another Ivan Cleary prodigy, SJ, went good last night as well. He's controlling games now, I can't remember him doing much of that with us.

Latest posts