What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 17 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Shortened round again, due to the Origin III dead-rubber.

Tonight's game deserved to be unaffected, as it's Storm v Dragons. Consistency from the Storm will send chills up the rest of the competition, although they'll still be third on the ladder if they win tonight.

Panthers are badly affected injury-wise, and by Origin, against the Warriors. There's also 'talk' that Gus is stalking Griffin again. Who'd be a head-coach there? I was surprised Gus didn't 'influence' Blues' coach, Brad Fittler, and convince him not to bother too much about an Origin clean-sweep, thereby not selecting Penrith halves pair Cleary and Maloney! But no, if there's anything Gus likes better than the Panthers it's the NSW Blues (and Origin).

It's the Warriors first Friday night prime-time game in NSW and Qld, but comes, of course, during the Origin round, when club games tend to take a backseat.

Bulldogs and Raiders, bloody hell! It's over, boys. But I'll go Dogs, simply to secure even further a Warriors appearance in the NRL Finals for the first time since, well, we all know when.

Sunday's Titans v Broncos is usually a beauty. The latter are the only team in the eight with a negative points diff. They'll fancy themselves to get that sorted out by the end of this round.

That first Dragons try was nice, some people running great lines, asking the defence plenty or questions.
Something we seem to be missing in our attack consistently.

Blair

Coach
It looks like a good game, a grand final preview? Could be.

Number 20 looks a bit odd for the moment:

upload_2018-7-5_20-33-15.png

That Bellamy doesn't muck around, ay?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Dogs v Raiders, crazy, crazy match

3 tries in 6mins to win the game, usually the Raiders are doing the opposite to that !! Happy with the result but hated Leilua scoring the winner, can't stand that idiot

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Dogs v Raiders, crazy, crazy match

3 tries in 6mins to win the game, usually the Raiders are doing the opposite to that !! Happy with the result but hated Leilua scoring the winner, can't stand that idiot

Hated the result, I am all about Ricky Stuart losing. And also hated Leilua scoring, and the disgusting taunt he seemed to give one of the Dogs players on the ground. He is a shit human. How you go from 14 points up with 5mins to go and lose is beyond me, that was the Raiders season over if the Dogs had held out.

Blair

Coach
Sadly, the Raiders have the Warriors in their sights now. They would've been boosted by Friday's shithousery at Penrith. Let's have no doubt about that.

Blair

Coach
Vete was the game changer, came on and Storm ran away with it.
Nothing to do with Nightingale playing as a back rower and look to be carrying a shoulder injury.

Gee, the Storm know how to roll a side that's affected by Origin.

We used to.

Big Marn

Juniors
so our true position then.

this year is so upside down. start with a hiss and a roar and then lose during origin....

JJ

Immortal
Have to be spectacularly awful to miss the 8 (admittedly that's possible) - but the saving grace is that one of the Raiders or Tigers has to be spectacularly good as well, that seems much less possible

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Have to be spectacularly awful to miss the 8 (admittedly that's possible) - but the saving grace is that one of the Raiders or Tigers has to be spectacularly good as well, that seems much less possible

Was having a look at the runs home for the Warriors, Broncos and Raiders last night. With the Raiders needing 3 more wins than either of those teams it's hard to see it happening, but if the Broncos win next weekend and the Raiders win too, that comes down to 2 games, and the final round is Raiders v Warriors so that could be very interesting depending on what happens between now and then

JJ

Immortal
Was having a look at the runs home for the Warriors, Broncos and Raiders last night. With the Raiders needing 3 more wins than either of those teams it's hard to see it happening, but if the Broncos win next weekend and the Raiders win too, that comes down to 2 games, and the final round is Raiders v Warriors so that could be very interesting depending on what happens between now and then
Raiders vs Warriors - LOL, that would be so funny - two teams hell bent on self destructing... each coached by once in a generation coaches... each with revolving doors on the edges - compelling stuff

Meth

Staff member
If we beat the Broncos (big ask), there's every chance we could be back up to 6th.

Can't see the Titans beating the Roosters, but can see Panthers beating the Sharks.

JJ

Immortal
If we beat the Broncos (big ask), there's every chance we could be back up to 6th.
Shouldn't really be that big an ask TBH - from the top 8 like us the Broncos stand out as the outsiders - they do have more forward firepower

But seriously, after the performance against Penrith I'd be expecting a real bounce back from any other team... the fact that I doubt the Warriors will really is worrying - that said I had fully expected them to easily beat Penrith - so clearly I have no idea!!

Can't see the Titans beating the Roosters, but can see Panthers beating the Sharks.
Word on the street Maloney and Cleary to be rested post origin.
Sharks won't let Panthers forwards what we let them do.

Shit....
Everyone saying: The top 8 is set...
Warriors: "Hold my beer!"