What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 18 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Phew, that's Origin gone for another year. Did it have much effect on the club stuff? How bashed up are the Panthers stars?

Tonight, Qld are in top spirits, we should see that inspire the Cows to a win at home v Sharks. Later, a biggie at Parra, the rejuvenated Warriors are in town!

Saturday, let's start with the Roosters against a sort of 'must-win' St George. Manly should put plenty on Newcastle (some battered Origin players on both sides though) and then a Qld after-party with the Titans v Broncos.

Sunday, the Tigers have announced a blast from the past/back to the future coaching number. It's unorthodox, they may bounce on to a win v the tired Panthers. Melbourne need a result against Canberra (plus vice versa!) and we close out with the Dogs chasing the looking quite good now Bunnies.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
None of the Panthers origin players are backing up, I think

I'm not getting the Tigpies coaching plans, but like us, they can't attract anyone, so have gone with something creative... good luck to them

Blair

Coach

I'm not getting the Tigpies coaching plans, but like us, they can't attract anyone, so have gone with something creative... good luck to them
I'm so not off to Parra Stadium tonight, and it's on Nine anyway. We're hardly ever on those big, free Friday night and Sunday arvo slots here in Sydney.

It has to be one of the reasons we're one of the least attractive teams for Aussies to play for?

Of course viewing platforms/patternshave changed so much but those two slots are still the most high profile. Why would someone consider a side that's never on them?

Scott

Bench

It's interesting. If they keep doing the same things then nothing will change. They have gone outside the box a bit with Benji. I see a little bit of Bredon McCullum's style in Benji Marshall. Given that they haven't played a finals game since we beat them in 2011, I applaud them for going down a different road. Something needs to change.

JJ

Immortal
It's interesting. If they keep doing the same things then nothing will change. They have gone outside the box a bit with Benji. I see a little bit of Bredon McCullum's style in Benji Marshall. Given that they haven't played a finals game since we beat them in 2011, I applaud them for going down a different road. Something needs to change.
yeah, but you have to wonder how the Baz style would translate to the week-to-week grind of the NRL

Marshall and Farah certainly read a game, and played with flair - you'd expect the Tigpies to go that way, but need the talent too

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
different beast but it kinda worked for Billy Slater. WEnt in to origin with no coaching experience and is now the next big thing.

Would be great for Benji, need more Kiwi coaches

JJ

Immortal
different beast but it kinda worked for Billy Slater. WEnt in to origin with no coaching experience and is now the next big thing.

Would be great for Benji, need more Kiwi coaches
Yeah, we’ve seen others do ok in rep stuff but struggle with the NRL grind, and vice versa with Bellamy

seriously makes Gould look even better imo, mastered both approaches

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
How ridiculous to read the headlines this morning with Rothfield taking credit for the Tigers decisions lol, go and have another bottle of $10 red buzz

Will be plenty of debate about the Taumalolo no try, I think the bunker got it right though. If Robson stayed behind him it was fine, but once he got in front of him he was in an offside position and the tacklers were denied a better opportunity

Blair

Coach
Perhaps the Sharks popped the Cowboys balloon tonight but I still love how both these sides look like they could cause an upset in the finals.

Blair

Coach
My mad Roosters mate was too scared to travel up to Gosford for that one! He's lost his nerve this year.

Harden up, champ. Try being a Warriors fan.

54-26 to the Chooks. The Warriors aren't putting fifty on an opponent any time soon.

Blair

Coach
The old one man team that can’t win without Tom jagged another one
A big game next week though.

Today, heartbreak for the tigers, they just can't seem to close out games.

Albert Hopoate debuting for Canberra, after five games for Manly. I wonder if the old man has gone down to offer his support?

Blair

Coach
Suspected 'fractured kneecap' for Papenhuyzen. Tough break.

I've been hearing some famous old names today, Sironen, Elias, Wishart, Hopoate...

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Hoppa on! Ripper of a game in Melbourne.

20-16, Raiders. Nine mins to go.

Edit: Raiders hold on and save their season.

Souths 28, Bulldogs 28. It sounds like a classic but you'd expect Souths would come home.

Eights mins left.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I was right, Souths finished strongest, 36-28.

Rd 18 Ladder:

1658103316007.png

The Storm could be sixth next week!

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
Somehow we moved up a spot despite losing.

Our current position of 12th is the best we can possibly finish this year, but more likely it's 13th-15th.

Will be plenty of debate about the Taumalolo no try, I think the bunker got it right though. If Robson stayed behind him it was fine, but once he got in front of him he was in an offside position and the tacklers were denied a better opportunity

I agree, it was on 360 tonight, and Kenty was right, if they let it go, coaches put someone in that spot every game, as how often do we see guys come in and prevent the ball getting to the ground now days. Robson prevented that.