What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Cowboys have a been a huge disappointment this season no doubt, but what everybody forgot about their season last year, is that if the Dragons didn't capitulate against the Dogs on the final day of the season, then the Cowboys wouldn't have even played finals footy

We have a good record recently against the Roosters, but don't see us beating them this week, their guys are all rested up nicely and they will get the inevitable roll on through the whistle

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/20/raiders-press-conference---round-19/

Ricky very calm with it all.
Loved the cricket call, LBWs are only Leg and Off stump this week.
Doesn't believe the refs are incompetent, they have to many voices in their ears.
Nice save to prevent fine.

Big Marn

Juniors
Ok, so Panthers thump us, We thump Broncos, makes perfect sense for Panthers to thump Broncos.

Yeah right.
im kind of surprised by the result but then not surprised. Having Pangai and Roberts back made them a lot more dangerous as those 2 are real weapons, and i was very pleased to see they werent playing us last weekend. This comp is crazy as you only need a couple of players missing to swing games from week. I dont think theres that great a gap between a lot of teams except for Eels and Dogs who have been dire this year. If Knights had had Pearce and Pongia, and Moga all year where would they be sitting? Same applies to us as we have had more than our share of injuries.

Blair

Coach
With the Broncs putting fifty on the Panthers last night you can guarantee Gus would've also put fifty on Griff after the game.

Take that any way you want!

Meth

Staff member
Raiders very, very hard done by. Not only should Katoa's try a ridiculous decision by the bunker, but there was nothing wrong with that pass in the lead up to Abbey's (denied) try.

Izz

Bench
Raiders very, very hard done by. Not only should Katoa's try a ridiculous decision by the bunker, but there was nothing wrong with that pass in the lead up to Abbey's (denied) try.
The Raiders have had a few raw deals this year (even our win against them came on the back of some questionable stuff - elbows to throat, etc). A real Sticky situation!

Tigers with something special. 5 HIAs in a game (a record?)
Rabbits a bit off, but Tigers showed how to beat them.
Pity we stand little chance tomorrow vs Storm and missing a couple more wins.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
A couple of results going our way thus far. A pity the Cows are so inept. Five straight losses at home!

Blair

Coach
They missed the opportunity for a mid-season review as well to find out the problem.

They are far worse than us during our post-2011 seasons. Our late season collapses masked, what was up till then, a competitive table position.

For example, when Johnson went down in July 2015, we were top four!

Campion

Juniors
i can't understand why the cowboys are being so shit. just on the cattle they have, they should be top4. ? Granville i thought was important when they were doing well, and he seems to have lost his mojo. maybe Coote at fullback is rubbish? dunno... Maybe Thurston combing back from injury was a curse in disguise of a blessing. Morgan and Te Martin were going well as a combo last season.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Their play is very slow, lethargic and predictable

Saw some opinions from Matt Johns and co, that they are still using the standard block plays that every team had been using the past few seasons, and that style has passed us by now and they have no other options. Souths used it for 2 weeks, binned it and reinvented themselves, and flew up the ladder

I've mentioned it before as well, that run to the GF gave a bit of a false impression of how they actually travelled last season as well, remembering that if the Dragons didn't choke on the last day against the Dogs, the Cows wouldn't have even played finals footy

JJ

Immortal
Ok, so Panthers thump us, We thump Broncos, makes perfect sense for Panthers to thump Broncos.

Yeah right.
I'm thinking the up and down of the Panthers and Broncos is probably because they're relatively young and inexperienced? Was pondering whether that's the case with us too but we have a very experienced core of Mannering, Luke, Blair, Harris, Johnson, Green, Beale, Hiku and RTS, 50:50 I guess not a bad blend

Starting to look like Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks and Dragons are just a bit more hard nosed and consistent

JJ

Immortal
Roosters scoring 50+ but concede 20+

Not sure what to make of that

Robbo would've wanted better defence

Latest posts