What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's that time of year where the no-hopers - or should I say the fans of the no-hopers - start disengaging. I'm there now, my side can't excite me this year.

I'm not alone and there's hordes of fans from about half a dozen clubs who'd feel the same.

It's lucky we're league fans and this season won't just be a Panthers v Storm certainty. Tonight is good, real good: Eels v Broncos. But in Sydney, wet, cold Sydney. I think Brisbane will struggle.

Friday, two sides, the Dragons and Sea Eagles, with a lot to lose if they drop this one. The Knights could dent the Roosters top-six finish.

Saturday, Canberra are desperately up and down and the Warriors are mostly down. I wouldn't go across the road to see this one.

The Panthers v Sharks, match of the round. It could be a GF preview, let's hope the underdogs can put on a show, now and then. The Rabbitohs have a great shot at sending the injury-upset Storm into a fourth loss in a row.

Sunday, Bulldogs v Titans. Are their fans into it? We close with the Cowboys having an easy one against Wests. What a season Payten is having.

Enjoy!

JJ

Immortal
Actually a lot of interesting and hard to pick games this weekend

but yeah, so many teams stink badly

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn’t realise Freddy Mercury was a league fan, the Eels must have inspired the ‘great pretender’ song

Covid ripping through Manly, half the starting forward pack gone and a young fullback named to debut at hooker. Won’t be surprised to see Foran end up there though

While I agree with the no try to Eels due to consistency, but bunker calling running at Reynolds chest, he hit his inside shoulder. Reynolds sold it well. Line runners need to learn to step inside on their run.

Blair

Coach
A big Eels guy - my inside guy at the Eels actually - won't go to the new stadium at the moment due to it being a 'freezing concrete bowl'.

He gets a corporate box too! Be careful when you push for a new stadium and get a real winter, I say.

He also told me we've bought one of their props, but it's not new news. I should know about it, I'm sure you guys do. I've forgotten the name he said already. Who is it?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I know its all about Reynolds, but Kevvie Walters deserves enormous credit for whats happening at the Broncos. Its clear he's united the club again, and the way that the Broncos have been defending and winning lately, it shows the players wanna play for him.

Campion

Juniors
I know its all about Reynolds, but Kevvie Walters deserves enormous credit for whats happening at the Broncos. Its clear he's united the club again, and the way that the Broncos have been defending and winning lately, it shows the players wanna play for him.
i thought Walters would be dire. he hasn't been :eek: :eek: :eek:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Another big prop we let go! I used to watch him and his brother in reggies. Their father lived on the NBs and he was always at games, even among the other five Warriors fans at a wintry Belmore!

Manly were no good tonight.
His brother Pat went well too

Yep, half the pack with covid, 2 more gone in the first half and a couple more playing on 1 leg in those conditions was never going to be a pretty result

Bellamy getting a taste of coaching the Warriors in last 4 weeks.
Defense not working together, some jamming in, others sliding out. Olam running out of line.

Blair

Coach
Bellamy getting a taste of coaching the Warriors in last 4 weeks.
Defense not working together, some jamming in, others sliding out. Olam running out of line.
It may benefit them later, they must be sick of the 'favourites' tag.

So today, the Bulldogs have won, the Tigers are leading the Cowboys, the Titans lost, and we lost yesterday.

It's all on for the Spoon!

Blair

Coach
His brother Pat went well too

Yep, half the pack with covid, 2 more gone in the first half and a couple more playing on 1 leg in those conditions was never going to be a pretty result
According to his father Pat left the club very bitter, having never gotten a shot in first grade. I don't know Tof personally but the last time I saw him in person he waved to me and his dad from the Warriors team bus. I promised to show Sipley Snr the way to the train station near Leichhardt.

Our boys had just played a cracking NSW Cup semi against the Wyong Roos. The refs loved that Roosters-affiliated club. Off effing side, all day! They went on to the GF, our boys - and the 16 Warriors fans - were left both emotionally drained and bloody proud.

I miss those days..

Last edited: