What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 19 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

JJ

Immortal
it might seem offensive because I said ‘white people’ but the reality is that most white people (in nz and australia at least) are not encumbered by cultural expectations in the same way. So, they can say things like “f**k your culture if they xyz” because they don’t carry the same weight.
I think we all need to be careful about sweeping generalisations, myself included

Meth

Staff member
Basically, a lot of people are grandstanding and dunking on seven PI boys without much of an appreciation for what it’s like to be them and a conveniently narrow (and self-exonerating) perspective on how they came to be the way that they are.

i’m (not) sorry but to say something like “f**k your culture” (when you quite obviously don’t know anything about it)- that’ll get a reaction out of me

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
In saying all of that, I like you @jaseg and I massively appreciate your Rugby League posts.

And I'm also not exclusively responding to Jase- if I was, my reaction would be disproportionate. I'm responding to all of it and the general gist of it, from my perspective- so, it's a bit hard to avoid generalisations, I concede.

I appreciate that there's a lot of 'hot button' in this stuff too.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Certainly a lot of hot button here, but no question we’re in a better place than 20-30 years ago

and the jumper is actually one of the best special editions imo, although it’s Manly so I must hate it