What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 2 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
There's only one thing worse than losing your opening game, and that's losing your opening two games! There's eight nervous teams this week.

Early season injuries are an issue so, as usual, squad depth is a must.

Tonight, Storm v Souths, top-three sides last year, but perhaps Souths have slipped slighty? The Storm are angry and hopefully reformed from last years various individual and collective demons. But where's big Nelson?

The Dragons will show their true potential against Penrith. Roosters v Manly? I see the glamour side winning!

Saturday, it's big at Robina. It always is when the Warriors come to town. No Johnson, Nikorima dropped? Will ash step up? Will Fifita have a day out? The Sharks and Eels is just Sydney, thank God the competition expanded in 1982.

The Cows v Raiders, NQ already seem a bit desperate, no JT? That might be OK, as they rely on him too much. Others need to pick up a gear.

Wests are battlers, who doesn't love that? Big Ken is scoring tries, what a good buy. The Knights will be confident after a good win last week.

Bulldogs v Broncos, the latter have come right by the looks of things. The Dogs? Surely they've improved? The coach has Gus stalking the corridors now, the tension would be palpable!

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Havili playing the first 10, with Cam Murray on the bench

this South’s coach is going to be feeling some serious pressure in a month or 2 I’m picking

Only Melbourne, took the scrum penalty 10m out when up by 10 points so they could set the defensive line and denied Souths a set play off the scrum.

What happened in the last 90 secs!
Kick bounces dead on Souths.
Drop out initially didn't go 10m and bounced into Rabbits hands just over 10m.
Mitchell couldn't kick a conversion nails a 45m 2point drop goal.

14 ALL full time.

Blair

Coach
Commeth the moment cometh the Mullet for the field goal to win in golden point for Storm.
Clinical bastards.

I just heard today that Penrith are getting a new stadium like Parramatta. I'm sure Penrith fans will have mixed feelings about that.

There's just something about those ramshackke old stadiums. Grass hills on either side are hard to lose too.

Last edited:

Scott

Bench
I've got Jahrome Hughes for Dally M this year. He looks like he's going to take it to another level

One hell of a player. Clearly in a great system, i'd be interested to see how he went in another team. I'm still not convinced he is absolute top level. The World Cup at the end of the year will be his time to prove me wrong.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Goddamn how clutch was Papenhauzen’s final play last night- gets the ball, shapes for the field goal, sees a forward in charge down range, changes his mind, takes off, steps around the forward then ices the drop goal while still in motion.
really hammers home the gulf in class when none of our guys have been able to nail a GF field goal in years.

Kikau 100th game and has a first half double.
Just saw the 2nd, great angle running between defenders at speed 10m out.

Reactions: JJ
Jumped back to see the 10mins in the bin, really rough call. Split second, wasn't high. Penalty at worst. Slow mo never looks good.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Goddamn how clutch was Papenhauzen’s final play last night- gets the ball, shapes for the field goal, sees a forward in charge down range, changes his mind, takes off, steps around the forward then ices the drop goal while still in motion.
really hammers home the gulf in class when none of our guys have been able to nail a GF field goal in years.
Yep, but ffs he needs a decent barber

Blair

Coach
22-6, Roosters so far. But since I've tuned in it's all been Manly.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
I watched Penrith v St George last night. Really impressed with Izack Tago, who completely outplayed his opposite- Zac Lomax.

Blair

Coach
Low minutes for JT is a worrying issue at the Cowboys. Payten is making those calls.

Blair

Coach
An easy win for Newcastle, I'm starting to like them as my second team.

Big Ken scored late for the Tigers!

Latest posts