What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 20 2020 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
So here we are, what a season! Some experimental rule changes are being applied, for these 'meaningless' games.

Tonight, the spoon. Broncos lose to the Cows and it's theirs. They deserve it.

Titans v Knights. A finals run for the latter, and there's some jostling in regard to table position too.

Rabbs v Roosters. Top-four v Bottom-four, in regard to finals. Is there a class schism?

Bulldogs v Panthers. Will Ivan rest players? Can the Dogs win, if they have to?

Sharks v Raiders. Write-off Cronulla without SJ, who had a fine season.

Tigers v Eels. Benji's last dance? What a shame it's not at Leichhardt, his beloved Tiger's spiritual home.

Warriors v Manly. We deserve better than to lose our last three and finish 13th. Manly won't roll over.

Dragons v Storm to close out the 2020 regular season. The latter look likely Premiers.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Cmon the Cowboys, Broncos getting the spoon would be a dream result and something I never thought I’d see

It would also make the no spoon club more exclusive, down to Manly (74 seasons) and Warriors (26 seasons) only

I count the Dragons and Tigers as having spoons in their history before becoming a merged entity

Have to agree with the Bunker on that call for Cows second try/no try.
I do like the ref calling it and giving the bunker less time to make a call.

Blair

Coach
12-all, 36 mins gone. Typically good game between the two.

Staggs with a nine-month ACL injury?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
OT- Dean Jones has passed away aged 59. Animal from Legion of Doom this morning aged 60, life can be cut short very easily !!

Cows a couple of close calls away from putting this game to bed, I’m riding them home hard

JJ

Immortal
Broncos have been so pea hearted since the return, just fall over when the tide turns

RIP Deano, far too young

Blair

Coach
Broncos have been so pea hearted since the return, just fall over when the tide turns

RIP Deano, far too young

I loved that Hadlee v Jones confrontation during the '87/88 test series in Australia. Jones, foolishly, said he'd 'score more runs in the series than Martin Crowe'.

That didn't happen. Paddles was all over him.

I liked Jones though.

JJ

Immortal
I loved that Hadlee v Jones confrontation during the '87/88 test series in Australia. Jones, foolishly, said he'd 'score more runs in the series than Martin Crowe'.

I liked Jones though.
Yeah Hadlee was brilliant, I also remember being in awe of Jones’ 200 in India, and his odi performances were breathtaking. Also when he annoyed Ambrose demanding he take off his wrist bands.... he went after the best for sure, sad to hear that, and Halligan the nearly All Black the other day, and Broadhursts’s struggles, all too young....

on the bright side Brisbane are last, and hopefully we can beat the equally evil Manly

Big Marn

Juniors

I liked Jones though.
I despised him growing up, mainly because he was so good, wrecked us multiple times, and made it look so f**king effortless. Seen a few youtube vids of him and Border hosting tours and telling a few stories of the old days. What a character. going to miss him.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...jones-cricketing-rival-and-friend-of-35-years

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Roosters concede 60, am I dreaming?
We best Manly and it’s kind of a dream weekend

Roosters concede 60, am I dreaming?
We best Manly and it’s kind of a dream weekend
Didnt watch game but did Roosters rest anyone?
Same thing happened last year Rooster lost to Rabbits final round then player them first week in finals and won....
Rabbits have a Knights team that is making up the numbers due to injuries.
Rooster face Panthers in Syndey if Eels win.
Tactical loss so they don't face Storm in Qld?
May backfire if Eels also don't want to play Storm away and have a tactical loss.

JJ

Immortal
I didn’t see it either but Roosters names a strong side, highlights I just saw had the big boys on the field

they’ll be fine, but Bunnies are dangerous

Blair

Coach
No winning last game for Benji. Even his former Tigers teammate, Blake Ayshford, got a good send-off last year with the Warriors.

This might persuade him to go 'round one more time. Another club will pick him up for sure.

Blair

Coach
A couple of good results this round for neutrals, did the Storm rest players?

Manly lost twice to the Warriors this year! When was the last time that happened? They've been our nemesis for years.

Rd 20 Ladder:

upload_2020-9-27_19-36-10.png

Congratulations to Minor-Premiers, Penrith. Not so many genuine commiserations to the Wooden Spooners, Brisbane!

Warriors 10th. Which includes those two dud games pre-Covid-19 break.

Last edited: