What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 20 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Round TWENTY! The season's marched on, bang, bang, bang and it'll be finals time. You watch.

Speaking of finals, tonight's sides are guaranteed, the Roosters and Eels. One is just plain proud of their team for overcoming all those injuries and the other is starting to bottle out with the pressure of not winning since 1986...David Lange and Bob Hawke days!

Friday night, the Tigers take on the equally struggling Warriors. Does a loss here have serious heat for the losing coach? Or doesn't it matter, either way, at this late stage in another low season? The Broncos and Cowboys always produce the goods, even though we're a very long way from the heights of 2015.

Saturday, and the Dragons vs Rabbitohs is interesting. Both staunch Sydney sides playing in, um, Rockhampton. The Dragons should put up more of a test than the Warriors last week. Knights and Raiders? The latter, I reckon. They are clawing their way back after a disturbing slump in form. Storm vs Panthers, GF preview, enough said!

Sunday let's go the Bulldogs against the Titans. This is important, it's the spoon vs the eight. The Gold Coast are at home, that's got to mean something? We close out with a beauty, the Sharks vs Sea Eagles. SJ v DCE, the two halves in the GF ten years ago, with a lot riding on this game too.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
SJ is done mate, 4-8 weeks with a hammy

Dragons must have plenty doing their suspension this week, paying $9 at the TAB while you can also get $5.50 for Penrith

Blair

Coach
SJ is done mate, 4-8 weeks with a hammy

Dragons must have plenty doing their suspension this week, paying $9 at the TAB while you can also get $5.50 for Penrith
True about SJ, I'd forgot with all the excitement of him going up against Manly. He missed last year's finals through injury and '4-8 weeks' out could mean he misses this year's as well.

He'd then head home a much better all-round player but with only the four finals he played with us for that all important 'big match' experience we need.

Blair

Coach
The line-speed of these two teams just blows me away! No wonder they're top-four (or thereabouts).

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
True about SJ, I'd forgot with all the excitement of him going up against Manly. He missed last year's finals through injury and '4-8 weeks' out could mean he misses this year's as well.

He'd then head home a much better all-round player but with only the four finals he played with us for that all important 'big match' experience we need.

He played 1 final for the Sharks, they came to Brookie against a decimated Manly side and got rolled

Parras season in turmoil here, this game was a statement to show they aren’t pretenders

Last edited:
Felt Eels robbed a bunker try (ball on ground and forearm brushes it) called knock on and Rooster turn around and score after it.

JJ

Immortal
Will be interesting to see how Penrith go

shit tiling this weekend, knew Roosters would win, inexplicably took Eels…. Warriors had no hope, naturally should have picked them, especially as Tigers are even more shit… annoyed

Blair

Coach
A typically thrilling finish between Brisbane and NQ...hold on, the Bunker got involved. No try to Feldt.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
Been frantically scrolling through SkyGo looking for the Rabbitohs game. Was about to have a spaz about sky before i saw that Covid has done for the rest of the round. Annoying.

Blair

Coach
So disappointing not to have a Storm v Panthers clash on a Saturday night.

Oh well at least the Olympics is on. I loved watching NZ win the rowing eights gold. The first time we won that since Munich in '72.

Blair

Coach
V’Landys says “sit down old chook” to the health minister and we have 3 games today and 2 tomorrow
10 pm Monday is a late start for one of NZ's most committed Manly fans!

Bugger, my Raiders might not be back after all, the Knights are rolling them.

Edit: is that going to be it? We went through all this, for that? Melbourne slowly do Penrith, 37-10. That's likely the GF too. They are that good.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
10 pm Monday is a late start for one of NZ's most committed Manly fans!
Bugger, my Raiders might not be back after all, the Knights are rolling them.

Edit: is that going to be it? We went through all this, for that? Melbourne slowly do Penrith, 37-10. That's likely the GF too. They are that good.
Absolute killer mate, especially if it’s a close game it’ll be 1am before I find some sleep ! Big game too, want a win heading into Melbourne next Saturday, would open up an 8pt gap between 6 and 7 too

No Cleary, Koroisau, Fisher-Harris, Yeo and To’o, it’ll be a different game if they meet again

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow, can’t believe the brand of footy we are playing, tackle 1 in front of the sticks spreading to the wings, kicking on tackle 1 for a flying Saab to chase, great to watch

Latest posts