What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 21 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
There's some political controversy regarding multi-million dollar 'suburban stadium upgrades' and the NRL.

Three of the four NSW Government projects have been shelved and the only one kept is Penrith, home of the disgraced local MP Stuart Ayres! Vlandys has weighed in, threatening to move the GF away from Sydney/NSW. The Govt argues the funds are needed for flood damaged regions.

Brookvale is one to now miss out but I thought it had already been upgraded?

Back to the footy. Tonight goes good, the Roosters v Broncos. More nervous will be Brisbane, after last week's unexpected loss.

Friday, who will NAS bash this week? It's only the Titans, he can take his pick! Then, the week's biggie, Manly v Parramatta. Forty years since the '82 GF.

Saturday, Souths should hold off the Warriors on the Sunshine Coast, the Raiders need to test the Cleary/Luai-less Panthers and Cronulla are looking the goods this year, certainly too strong for likes of St George, but the Dragons have to win, so that might even the ledger.

Sunday, the improving Dogs versus the Cowboys, who look to be regaining some impressive second-on-the-ladder form, after that lucky win over the luckless Tigers two weeks ago. The Tigers v Knights, two proud clubs, with great fans. Out in Magpies territory, with nothing to lose. Who says no one's watching the arse end of the ladder?!

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Roosters starting to string it together now after a patchy season

Radley dripping some claret after a head clash, come on down MRC

Blair

Coach
Working Friday night and all weekend is the pits. I'm missing all the games. I did catch the end of the grudge match at a packed Brookvale.

36-20, Eels. Do you think that's a fair scoreline in regard to where both sides are at this point of the season?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Brandon Smith wearing the right jersey gets a fine for the hip drop charge

played well in patches last night, but didn’t put it together for 80. Interesting now that if a bloke is about to pick the ball up to score a try you can grab him around the hips and move him sideways so he doesn’t get there first and it’s not a penalty try because he is “shielding the ball”

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Always been a less than impressive human being, old Ricky...is the best way I can say it.

We all remember when he abused the suitcase out of Ashley Klein after the 2008 World Cup final. And how he flushed out many people at the Eels without notice, then left the burning mess behind him and left.

Blair

Coach
The Tigers couldn't kick on with successive wins.

Rd 21 Ladder:

1659862143687.png

Is the eight set? The Roosters look like they'll stay there, the Broncos have too much of a buffer to drop out. A Storm v Eels game soon'ish would be good to see.

The trapdoor at the bottom is ready to be sprung. Look at our f/a, we have no room to move if the Titans grab a couple of wins, ditto the Tigers.

Blair

Coach
A metal railing collapsed at Leichhardt this weekend during a schoolboy union game, with crowd members piling into the pavement. It looked bad and will add to pressure to upgrade the ground.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol as predicted that little muppet Kent sticking up for his best mate Sticky last night, with the primary school kid technique of “I know something you don’t know”

Latest posts