What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 22 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Four games to go and it's all about seventh and eighth place! As Warriors fans we're being silly but it's still something to keep a lazy eye on.

Tonight, it's the first 'favour' owed, the Storm should beat Sticky's disappointing Raiders. Friday, has the Dragons v Panthers and Broncos v Roosters. Two form sides that should also do the business.

Saturday, the Rabbitohs look increasingly strong. The deeper into the season and the more I like their chances to upset Melbourne or the Panthers. They should beat the Titans, you'd think. The Cowboys are out of it and there's always pressure on coaches, even if it is their first year. The Tigers coach is gone, I believe.

Manly are better than Parramatta at this stage of the season. That's some turnaround.

Sunday, and surely the Dogs are due for a win? Their opponents, the Warriors, aren't good at following through on finals promise, no matter how slight. We close out with the Sharks absolutely desperate for two points. The Knights won't do them any favours, I hope.

Enjoy, and stop dreaming! It's not happening. We know this, sort of.

JJ

Immortal
to me the most interesting games are the two featuring terrible teams - Canterbury and us, and Cowboys v Tigers - although not sure either are worth watching for quality football

Both Melbourne and Manly might be vulnerable this weekend, and the Eels especially really need to show something

nswarrior

Juniors
to me the most interesting games are the two featuring terrible teams - Canterbury and us, and Cowboys v Tigers - although not sure either are worth watching for quality football

Both Melbourne and Manly might be vulnerable this weekend, and the Eels especially really need to show something
Melbourne have 2 of the best players in the world on the bench -Papenhuysen and Grant - they will be fine

JJ

Immortal
Melbourne have 2 of the best players in the world on the bench -Papenhuysen and Grant - they will be fine
I thinks so too, Manly might be a little below par this week imo

Only threat to Storm atm is full strength Panthers playing well, whether that can happen remains to be seen

Raiders made a comeback.
Turns out high shots not allowed on Storm players.
Corey Harawira-Naera won't play again this season with that shot in Hughes. Sent from the field with 3mins to go.

Bulldogs loaned player needed back?

When you need Storm to win by 50!
Raiders now -84 to our -127 (43 diff)

Panthers and Knights win needed.

Sharks win this weekend make it hard for us to pass them with their points diff, even if we win all our games.

nswarrior

Juniors
When you need Storm to win by 50!
Raiders now -84 to our -127 (43 diff)

Panthers and Knights win needed.

Sharks win this weekend make it hard for us to pass them with their points diff, even if we win all our games.
Don’t worry - if we win all 4 games we will make it. The challenge will be winning all 4

How was that not a shoulder charge by Cleary on Bird?
Bunker looked at it multiple times.
Is the shoulder charge back? Sharks not charged on weekend for it.

Broncos didn't look like easy beats next week for us.
Rooster get a captains challenge after the fact, get a high shot on a player who looks to headbutt the tacklers forearm and we can't even get a shoulder charge call looked at 3 times.
How did Tedesco stay on the field with a constant bleeding lip?

Dragons now -108 to our -127 (19 Diff)

Last edited:
Don’t worry - if we win all 4 games we will make it. The challenge will be winning all 4
Played with the NRL predictor, 4 wins not a guarantee if Sharks win v Knights due to our points diff.
Also if Storm rest players v Sharks final round and Sharks steal one.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Souths looking good again…

Strange year, some fantastic sides, and so many woeful ones…. Yeah, well every year is strange atm for all of us