What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 22 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
A Sticky-free round!

Tonight, Panthers v Storm. This was supposed to be the GF preview but this year Souths, the Cowboys and Cronulla might have something to say about that.

Friday, how full will Mt Smart be for the Warriors v Bulldogs? The Eels need to beat Souths if they're going to be taken seriously.

Saturday, the Roosters v Cowboys. Match of the round? I mean, tonight's game should be so but I think this game is more interesting in regard to two sides that could go deep into the finals, challenging the Panthers/Storm status quo.

Wests v Sharks. If the Tigers can't beat Newcastle at home then, well, you know. The Broncos will need this one against the Knights, or all their good work of late might be a false dawn.

Sunday, will the Raiders become unstuck against St George? Both these sides look gone anyway. We finish with the Titans really needing to beat Manly to avoid the spoon whilst Manly really need to win to challenge for finals footy. So it's a good one!

Enjoy.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
Very sad about Paul Green, seems very sudden and unexpected, will be missed.
On a less serious note, Sticky, my favorite coach purely because of his tantrums and antics, will also be missed (this week).

JJ

Immortal
The Paul Green news is unbelievably distressing, so sad for his family… words are worthless

suicide rates are very high amongst middle aged men, and get so little attention 🙁

Blair

Coach
A bit against the run of play but the Storm are quickly 12-nil up.

Edit: 16-nil, halftime. The Storm may be back at the right end of the season.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Paul Green news is unbelievably distressing, so sad for his family… words are worthless

suicide rates are very high amongst middle aged men, and get so little attention 🙁
2 years older than me. I think I get why though. We’re at an age where you’re not ready to hang the boots up in your career or family life and still have a lot of active responsibilities, but far enough along that any major setbacks (whether they be with health, relationships or career) can feel devastating and like you don’t have the time to come back from them. I’m in a pretty good place with most of my life at the moment but thinking about the possibility losing my job or my partner now would be a whole lot harder at 47 than 27.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I look at what has happened with Paul Green, and then look at all the current vitriol from professionals journalists along with the general public towards Ian Foster and wish people would just back off a bit

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Blair, you may find a bit of nostalgia in this read. Hopefully I’ll get to the final on Sunday

Blair

Coach
There's simply nothing 'real deal' about the Eels, and their fans are the first to say that.

26-0, Souths. All those Parramatta fans turned up on a cold Friday night and for what?!

Blair

Coach
Blair, you may find a bit of nostalgia in this read. Hopefully I’ll get to the final on Sunday

I do love local footy. Canterbury/West Coast was a powerhouse for NZ league and let's hope it still is. I did read a worrying story (I think you supplied it) of a worrying drop-off in playing numbers.

I'll visit the new ground that's for sure. It's such a mark of faith for the game there.

Go on Sunday, mate, and enjoy!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I do love local footy. Canterbury/West Coast was a powerhouse for NZ league and let's hope it still is. I did read a worrying story (I think you supplied it) of a worrying drop-off in playing numbers.

I'll visit the new ground that's for sure. It's such a mark of faith for the game there.

Go on Sunday, mate, and enjoy!

might struggle to get there today now but hopefully I can work something out

Greymouth lost its senior comp but have managed to enter the Greymouth Greyhounds into the Canterbury Premier Reserves

Blair

Coach
This is a very watchable game at Robina, the GC are 26-12 up in the second-half but can they hold a lead, against a desperate Manly?

Cherry through a 'harbour bridge' pass which was intercepted by the fastest guy in the Titans, who ran the length. Our SJ would've also liked seeing that. It happens to the best of them, obviously!

Edit: 44-24, GC. Final. The Titans needed that, it's also shaken up the Spoon a bit.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Ciraldo to the Dogs next year. So both Penrith assistants have first grade gigs, at lower-ranked clubs in '23.

Rd 22 Ladder:

1660466046284.png

The eight is set, three weeks out. Which is a bit boring.

Latest posts