What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
That scene from Once Were Warriors when Nig was in the gang car on the way to his initiation...'Well today's the day ay, boy? You wanna patch...'

Tigers v Sea Eagles tonight. Thank heavens for the 'Spoon' as both sides have plenty to play for. I'd be disappointed if the Tigers missed the finals. They can still jump Brisbane! (and one other team, hence the 'patch' analogy).

Cows v Eels, the biggie on the Friday night slot. Back in March, the TV schedulers would be shocked that this is a Spoon battle.

Titans v Storm. An upset please. They can do it.

Roosters v Brisbane. So interesting, if the Tigers win tonight.

Are the Dragons a genuine threat? They led the comp for 3/4 of the season. That's got to stand for something. Unfortunately for them the Dogs have found a bit of bite.

Blair

Coach
There won't be more than ten Manly fans out there at a cold, wintery Campbelltown Stadium.

Blair

Coach
Who'd be a coach? The Tigers have come out flat.

Poor Ive looks mortified.

Manly 6-0, 26 mins gone.

Blair

Coach
8-6 staggers me, with some of the defence out there it should be 28-26 !!

I can't help but think a Tigers win will actually benefit the Warriors.

Breaking out the Lion Red tonight, and having the Warriors lose tomorrow but make the finals, leaves me cold.

Burns

First Grade
As an aside, aren't Brisbane as likely to get by Roosters? F/A difference of 9 points isn't that much different between Warriors and Brisbane.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade

Breaking out the Lion Red tonight, and having the Warriors lose tomorrow but make the finals, leaves me cold.
Big step forward in the for and against for the Tigers now

Not sure we can win 6 in a row to take the title. :)
5 is out max.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Missed by |---| that much.

Hell of a kick that, 60m on the angle falling 3m short. Game that summed up the season, yet another close loss with the game lost in the space of 5mins. 2 tries disallowed for forward passes, the ball from Jake was fine imo, and 2 missed opportunities with the ball dropped over the line

Meth

Staff member
Manly didn't win, but they did they next best thing. A 2 point win has the Tigers under all sorts of pressure v Souths next week if we lose tomorrow (unless we get smashed). Not only will they have to win, but they'll have to win BIG

Blair

Coach
I presume it's Cronulla's Lance. I remember a season-turning win by the Warriors at Shark Park in '07, mid-winter. I kept thinking, 'how can we win when we're up against such a dogged player like Lance? He's in his element in a wet, cold grind'.

We prevailed 12-4.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Manly didn't win, but they did they next best thing. A 2 point win has the Tigers under all sorts of pressure v Souths next week if we lose tomorrow (unless we get smashed). Not only will they have to win, but they'll have to win BIG

Yes, and makes us know we have to win (sort of)!

Latest posts