What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Surely they need to reconsider the coaching position now
We're league fans, of course, but we also know the All Blacks intimately. Who would've ever thought Argentina would beat us in New Zealand?

Sure, Los Pumas have been around for decades but we've never considered losing to this second-tier nation, at home, a real possibility.

Good on them though, I actually love it. Argentina will be going off (within reason, we know what their main sport is).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
We're league fans, of course, but we also know the All Blacks intimately. Who would've ever thought Argentina would beat us in New Zealand?

Sure, Los Pumas have been around for decades but we've never considered losing to this second-tier nation, at home, a real possibility.

Good on them though, I actually love it. Argentina will be going off (within reason, we know what their main sport is).
Are Argentina really still a tier 2 nation these days? I think they’ve probably earned tier one status, I’d put them above teams like Scotland, Wales and Italy.

Blair

Coach
Are Argentina really still a tier 2 nation these days? I think they’ve probably earned tier one status, I’d put them above teams like Scotland, Wales and Italy.
I should've phrased it as 'traditionally' tier two. I'm going back to my childhood in the '70s/'80s. Hugo Porter and the like. We weren't losing to them at home, or even away, back then.

That didn't mean they weren't pretty good though. I recall we drew in Buenos Aires in 1985 (in that terribly anti-climactic tour that replaced the cancelled tour of South Africa).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I should've phrased it as 'traditionally' tier two. I'm going back to my childhood in the '70s/'80s. Hugo Porter and the like. We weren't losing to them at home, or even away, back then.

That didn't mean they weren't pretty good though. I recall we drew in Buenos Aires in 1985 (in that terribly anti-climactic tour that replaced the cancelled tour of South Africa).
I only vaguely remember those times, and they certainly weren’t the force they are now when I was young- I remember them getting towelled up by Fiji in the first RWC. They’ve come a long way, as have Ireland. I think those two teams now deserve to be regarded on the level of NZ/Aus/SA/England/France.

JJ

Immortal
Foster is coaching then to do many firsts…

something is seriously wrong in NZ rugby

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Argentina were always heading to the top as soon as they employed Kidwell, the big mural of him in town will be getting an extra coat of paint. He has taken the Pu out of the Ma

McIvor and Larmer very unpopular in Hamilton as they got up on stage at the darts and announced the result to the crowd

Blair

Coach
Wests are currently holding out the Dragons. If they and the Titans win then the spoon could be on the line at Mt Smart next week, in front of a packed house!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wests are currently holding out the Dragons. If they and the Titans win then the spoon could be on the line at Mt Smart next week, in front of a packed house!
Keeping it interesting at the bottom! Will also give Wests some incentive to try to knock over Canberra next week and keep 8th alive. Sticky's meltdown will be glorious if that happens!

Nek minit I turn on the TV and the Dragons score close to the posts to probably equalise Lolwests.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Geez they coughed that game up with some dumb plays though. Particularly the guy who got inside the 10 on the short restart and let the ball hit him to concede a penalty, just stand on the 10 and wait for it you dumb merkin!
Yeah you’re not wrong there, half of the blokes playing lined up for the body but not for the brain when they were being put together

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Titans looking like they’re about to hand the spoon to the Tigers a week early, turning it on at home against the Knights. Probably good for us if that happens they’ll have no motivation next week when they come to Mt Smart!