What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 24 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ooft, Bryan Kelly sent off for a lifting tackle with 29 min to go and the Titans 16 in front… set up for an epic GC choke here

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Would've liked the Tigers to get up and us sweat over a wooden spoon (potential) battle next week. Alas, another very mediocre season without hitting rock bottom

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Newcastle held up twice over the line with the Titans down to 12- second one should’ve been a try though.
titans looking like they’ll hold on for the win- which will give the Tigers the spoon because their for and against is going to be at least 65 points worse and they’re highly unlikely to turn that around next week.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would've liked the Tigers to get up and us sweat over a wooden spoon (potential) battle next week. Alas, another very mediocre season without hitting rock bottom
Tigers have apparently never had a spoon either, rather them breaking their duck than us :p

it’s not much but there’s something in us getting through the last three seasons without a spoon.

Blair

Coach
The woeful Tigers have denied us the chance to duke it out at Mt Smart to avoid the spoon!

Rd 24 Ladder:

1661685213480.png
The last five were consistently dreadful all year. Well the Dogs sort of got a little better. We can forget about this rabble now.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Along with our opponents next week, of course. So maybe both sides will just relax and chuck the ball around? It might be a beauty.
I hope so, and I think we saw a bit of that today. But I hope our motivation to put on a show for he home fans wins out.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Tigers have apparently never had a spoon either, rather them breaking their duck than us :p

it’s not much but there’s something in us getting through the last three seasons without a spoon.
Yeah, I don't want us to 'win' a spoon ever, but I dunno if our finishes of 12th/13th, 12th, 10th, 13th, 8th, 13th,10th, 13th,9th, 11th, 14th over the past 10 years has done us much good. Maybe we needed a spoon in there to realise how shit that period actually has been.

Ugh, just look at that run. Horrible when you summarise it like that.

Blair

Coach
Yeah, I don't want us to 'win' a spoon ever, but I dunno if our finishes of 12th/13th, 12th, 10th, 13th, 8th, 13th,10th, 13th,9th, 11th, 14th over the past 10 years has done us much good. Maybe we needed a spoon in there to realise how shit that period actually has been.

Ugh, just look at that run. Horrible when you summarise it like that.
But that's the greatest sporting franchise in the southern hemisphere you're talking about there!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Couple of the Broncos have complained after Walters got stuck into them post match the other night

Tallis has called for them to be dropped from the side and Renouf has labeled them “soft, self entitled knobs” lol

Rich102

Staff member
Sadly the character of the players has changed. Too many just play for the money and treat it as a job.
The old "mateship" has gone - along with self pride.

JJ

Immortal
not sure the spoon or not is a big deal tbh, obviously we can always say it wasn't us - but I can't think of a strong argument to suggest we're a better team than the Tigpies, Titans , Knights or Dogs - all 5 are disgracefully bad... and at various stages have just given up

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
not sure the spoon or not is a big deal tbh, obviously we can always say it wasn't us - but I can't think of a strong argument to suggest we're a better team than the Tigpies, Titans , Knights or Dogs - all 5 are disgracefully bad... and at various stages have just given up
Agree on the quality of those 5 teams, they’re all bloody terrible. But you never want a spoon because it’s still there on the record years later when everyone had forgotten the rest of the details about the season.

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Immortal
Agree on the quality of those 5 teams, they’re all bloody terrible. But you never want a spoon because it’s still there on the record years later when everyone had forgotten the rest of the details about the season.
but would be nice for someone to remember the Warriors winning something...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting chat on 360 tonight

NAS, career 17 charges, 16 times pleaded guilty, 7 weeks suspended, this season 5 guilty charges and hasn’t missed a game. Most of the acts have intent such as the Egan incident

We then have cases like Finucane missing 3 weeks for an accidental head clash