What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2019 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Brisbane v a desperate Dragons tonight at Lang Park. Dragons are missing a couple of their best forwards, for different reasons, (De Belin and Frizell) and it's been showing. In contrast, Tevita Pangai Jnr is a monster for the Broncos.

What team, if any, is going to start the season zero from three? Let's hope it's Manly, of course, who have moved their home game against the Warriors to Christchurch.

The Bulldogs' coach, Dean Pay, is already under pressure after only two rounds of footy! This week they're up against the Tigers, who are sitting pretty in second place after two rounds.

Panthers v Storm is the match of the round for me. Two potential GF opponents, and that would be a great final.

The Cows v Sharks would've been the match of the round in recent seasons past but both sides have lost some spark over the past year. There's no easy answer as to why. A firing Johnson is always a great thing for any side, and let's hope we see some magic from him this weekend.

My Eels mate is on a roll, he's talking up being top of the table and all that. I warned him about taking that stance as it can only last a week! Gus Gould once said 'when Fui Fui Moi Moi is going good, rugby league is going good'. Well, we can extend that to the Eels as a whole. Parramatta is such an important area for the code (with a lot of new migrants, etc) and they need a good side. This year they seem to have got one. They surely won't beat the Roosters though?

Raiders v Knights on Friday night at 6pm (AEDT). A fascinating contest, between two boundary riders of the NRL.

Rabbitohs vs Titans. Hopefully there isn't a gulf in class this year in first grade (the salary cap is supposed to make that doesn't really happen) but this game might prove otherwise.

Blair

Coach
On ABC Grandstand they just mentioned a couple of things.

1. The 'Parra's going good, Rugby League's going good', thing. Hey, that's my line!
2. How the Dragons are missing Ah Mau. That sounds good.

Blair

Coach
Cows missed JT last week, but they lost him mid game. Will be interesting to see how they go with him out.

He went mid-game but you could see he was gun-shy once that injury occurred. I'm looking forward to the next Cows v Brisbane game, with (hopefully) a fit JT looking for revenge. That'll be in Townsville too. A perfect moment to help get us through winter.

Didnt like it but fair call, dragons hadn't completely lost the ball when Birds little finger touched the ball. Try Broncos.

Blair

Coach
A thriller last night. Shame about it being a Thursday and work the next day.

Nil-all at Canberra Stadium. I really don't know how you guys survive a tipping comp, not with these sorts of games.

Big Marn

Juniors
Fox commentators giving Charnze some love after a great game. Warren Smith started calling him CNK after his second try.

Blair

Coach
The Sharks made me feel a bit better tonight by thrashing NQ in Townsville. Johnson looked in his element, although he made tries with his boot rather than running.

Gallen injured at the end. Cows will be worried by this result, as they were crap last year.

Winter has arrived at Bathurst NSW.

Big Marn

Juniors
Well, the Doggies have just beaten the Tigers comprehensively.

So throw the form book out the window, its not worth 2c.

Blair

Coach
Doggies didn't look the worst team in the comp this week either. Foz went good, I know that hurts, but it was his best game for a long time.

Ofahiki Ogden was good too. He's an excellent former NSW Warrior.

Blair

Coach
Souths 18, GC 8 at half-time. GC are going OK. Will be decent opponents next week.

Full-time 28-20 Souths.

Cleary's looking haggard already after the 32-2 thrashing by the Storm.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Rd 3 Ladder:

upload_2019-3-31_20-24-25.png

It's early days, so let's stay positive:

I get knocked down, but I get up again
You are never gonna keep me down
He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the best times