What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Tonight, we have controversy. Dragons big name recruit George Burgess is in trouble and has been stood down for the derby with Cronulla.

Tomorrow, which coach would you rather be if you lost, Brownie or Madge? Either way, the Tigers v Warriors at Campbelltown will make for a sweaty weekend for both of them.

The blockbuster Friday clash has the Rabbitohs and Roosters in another derby. This year though, it seems Souths are off the pace.

Saturday, has the top-of-the-table rumble between Penrith and Newcastle. If the Knights win then maybe that's where they're meant to be? The Storm should expose the Eels, who don't quite have the squad they think they do. Raiders v Titans should be an entertaining party night fixture.

Sunday, another derby, the much improved Broncos against the Cowboys who won last week for the first time in ages. These games are always good.

Manly and the Bulldogs close us out, with a low-ladder affair. We know the Sea Eagles won't stay there!

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
tough round, Bunnies like Manly are much better than their record - only confident in backing (head to head) Penrith, Melbourne and Manly - any result in the rest would be unsurprising

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I’m not all that confident in the Storm either with their hooker crisis, not that I rate the Eels that highly either. Penrith have a few out and Ponga back may keep that game interesting too

apparently Hasler has absolutely torn into the forwards this week so I won’t be surprised to see them fire and Tom have a huge one

S'ua in the bin again.
Looked worst than last week for him
Shoulder contact with the head as Dale Funnycan dropped going into tackle.

tough round, Bunnies like Manly are much better than their record - only confident in backing (head to head) Penrith, Melbourne and Manly - any result in the rest would be unsurprising
Bunnies missing an organising half, Reynolds a big hole to file.
Melbourne missing a few cattle with injuries and Covid.

Blair

Coach
Big Nelson's back for the Storm. He's going toe-to-toe with a bloke called Makatoa.

Parra's well in it at 18-12 down, 25 mins to go.

JJ

Immortal
Like I said, hard round to pick this week, Souths and Eels showing up

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Titans absolutely towelling the Raiders up in Canberra, 22-0 with 3 min still to go in the first half. Makes me feel a little better about last week I guess

nek minnit it’s 12 gone in the second half and it’s 22-14, those Titans do know how to let teams back into the game!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
The 'back to the future' Broncos look surly at halftime, down 14-6 to NQ.

Come on Cows.

We already have Penrith, Storm, the Roosters (sort of) dominating the comp, we don't need Brisbane dominating as well.

Blair

Coach
20-6, Cows! After Holmes scores and converts, after Reynolds kicks out on a line drop-out!

JT hitting form too, they can't lose.

Blair

Coach
Payten has his team pretty well prepared….👀
Along with Brisbane falling to pieces.

32-6, will they put fifty on them? This will cause worry at Brisbane, they thought they'd put their recent, woeful, past behind them.

Latest posts