What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 3 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

JJ

Immortal
The 3rd try for the dogs, the Tigers fullback who is meant to be the fastest in the side, just jogged back putting absolutely nothing in. Perfect example of the hole they are in, Sheens was sacked by the same club 10 years ago because he was behind the times and hasn’t coached NRL since, dumbest coaching move I’ve ever seen, and the Warriors haven’t been sharp in that department in the past
Hmmmm, maybe but Kemp, McLennan, Elliott, McFadden and Brown say hello

Blair

Coach
Adam Doueihi drops it on his own line. Bugger.

But knock-on over the line by Dogs, seven-tackle set. This is the moment for Wests.

JJ

Immortal
26-6, Dogs, 15 mins to go. The chatter around Wests is dire. Thank the lord it's not us they're talking about.

'Clueless', 'inept', 'no one knows what they're doing', 'no spark', etc, etc (ABC Radio). This is a Tim Sheens/Benji Marshall-coached team. They should be inspirational.
I never quite got the Sheens love in the 90s…. Penrith were better off with Gould, and that Canberra team could have (probably did) coach itself, the Tigpies premiership was lightening in a bottle tbh…. But like Lowe and Monie imo, overrated

and Benji, who knows I wouldn’t have picked him as a coach

JJ

Immortal
Early in the season but little to like about the Tigpies, Dogs, Knights

pleasantly surprised I’m not including the Warriors there

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Early in the season but little to like about the Tigpies, Dogs, Knights

pleasantly surprised I’m not including the Warriors there
Really interested in watching the Dogs, purely to watch Kikau when things aren’t going their way, he won’t be interested

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Advantage us for next weekend I reckon, both teams backing up from the heat but us with an extra day of recovery, and we didn’t nearly drop our bundle to the worst team in the comp at home

Blair

Coach
Raiders rub out Sharkies, for this weekend at least. Sticky will be stoked.

Rd 3 Ladder:

1679222544540.png

Look at us! As Muhammad Ali would say (about himself), 'aint it pretty?!'

Izz

Bench
Smith can't seem to last a full game. Like Ponga, he's a big star in crisis. Any club that buys into that does so at their own peril.

Harsh but true?
Yeah I'd agree with that. Probably why Melbourne were okay to let him go. Though the fact they primarily used him as a battering ram the last couple seasons wouldn't have helped his injury proneness...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah I'd agree with that. Probably why Melbourne were okay to let him go. Though the fact they primarily used him as a battering ram the last couple seasons wouldn't have helped his injury proneness...
There’s a warning there for us with Egan. The way he got himself skittled by Taumalolo showed a lot of courage but no instinct for self-preservation. He’s a smart footballer, he doesn’t need to use himself up throwing himself in front of behemoths like that.

Izz

Bench
There’s a warning there for us with Egan. The way he got himself skittled by Taumalolo showed a lot of courage but no instinct for self-preservation. He’s a smart footballer, he doesn’t need to use himself up throwing himself in front of behemoths like that.
He needs to take a leaf out of the Cam Smith defense book. Just not any of the grubby leaves...

Latest posts