What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 4 2019 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's only round four and already some fans (not mentioning any clubs!) are talking about their 'second teams'!

C'mon, be positive!

Roosters v Broncos tonight is the round's 'blockbuster'. I'd imagine Broncos fans are getting a bit narky about all these 'Thursday night games'. As we well know they've been used to their prime Friday night spot for many years.

Game of the round for me is Cows v Raiders. That's the Warriors main competition for the eight, right there. See how those sides are travelling and we should know how we'll travel. They both beat us and we're in serious trouble.

I'm in Christchurch this weekend. Love being able to watch the home broadcast on Sky. All the pre-game, local chitchat, from the 'Sky crew', what have I been missing?

Gee, the Panthers are under pressure. Fourteenth on the table and at home to the Tigers. Cleary would be antsy (but he won't be showing it) I'd guess.

Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs. It's interesting to see how good Manly is, or how bad we were.

Will SJ run the ball this weekend v Eels? I hope so.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lol don’t get your hopes up with the local league coverage, it is still pretty painful because McIvor is still involved in it !!

Hoping for a dry track in Sydney this weekend, reckon we can give the rabbits a pretty good run, will be a hell of a forward battle

Rooster looked relentless in the first half I watched. We don't have 1/10th their energy or desire to win.
It's a pity their fans don't show up for them, Warriors could fill a stadium if they played and won like that as frequently. Probably be lucky to get 5000 show up tonight?

Big Marn

Juniors
i only watched the first half as well. Was one of those possession games. Broncos kept shooting themselves in the foot when they did get the ball back so they were gassed by half time.
Broncos had done well to keep it to 12-0 for most of the half, then Cronk split them open.
Thought Liu played great. Pangai probably going to have a holiday with his grubby late hits on Cronk.
Thought the try before halftime was a bit dubious. If that had been the Warriors, 100% it goes upstairs and gets called a no try.

Blair

Coach
Damn, I'm watching One News, they've had four or five rugby union stories...on a Warriors night! In fact, the Warriors haven't even been mentioned yet. It just never ceases to amaze me that, just how much NZ is into union.

Also, last night, I couldn't last the pace for during the Roosters/Broncos game. I've forgotten how late that two hour delay makes it! No wonder our forum goes deathly quiet at about 10pm (Sydney time) on game days. Most of you Kiwi fullahs are in bed! Especially if there's been drink involved.

Blair

Coach
i only watched the first half as well. Was one of those possession games. Broncos kept shooting themselves in the foot when they did get the ball back so they were gassed by half time.
Broncos had done well to keep it to 12-0 for most of the half, then Cronk split them open.
Thought Liu played great. Pangai probably going to have a holiday with his grubby late hits on Cronk.
Thought the try before halftime was a bit dubious. If that had been the Warriors, 100% it goes upstairs and gets called a no try.

Pangai might've done himself out of Origin consideration last night. It's touch and go sometimes with selections. They're known to be conservative. I hope he does play Origin, as the Warriors will probably play Brisbane around that time.

Blair

Coach
Rooster looked relentless in the first half I watched. We don't have 1/10th their energy or desire to win.
It's a pity their fans don't show up for them, Warriors could fill a stadium if they played and won like that as frequently. Probably be lucky to get 5000 show up tonight?

And did you see how packed the Adelaide Oval was for the Crows v Cats? Maybe league is in a bit of trouble.

Blair

Coach
Tigers vs Panthers a derpfest. Worst things one of them belted us the other week :(

And the Panthers will belt us on May 10.

9-8 last night. Gee, the Tigers deserved a point. #bringbackthedraw

The Roosters, Storm and Rabbitohs, even Sharks, look miles ahead of the rest. It has been wet in Sydney though, so general handling has been a problem.

Big Marn

Juniors
Warriors not the only one to feel the sting of a DCE field goal in Golden Point.
Hasnt done us any favours though for next week. Thanks Manly....

JJ

Immortal
Manly have a super middle. I hate golden point TBH but that was a tremendous performance by them

Souths are going to be grumpy

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You beauty DCE

Des has brought the defence and desire back to Manly, had no right to be in that game but they just kept turning up

DCE cops so much crap but look how many of those moments he has on his highlight reel

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly have a super middle. I hate golden point TBH but that was a tremendous performance by them

Souths are going to be grumpy

Donny Singe has taken AFB to a new level with extra minutes, I’d rate him the form front rower in the comp this year, is unstoppable. Add in Taupau, Jake and Sipley coming on well and they are hard to handle

Blair

Coach
You beauty DCE

Des has brought the defence and desire back to Manly, had no right to be in that game but they just kept turning up

DCE cops so much crap but look how many of those moments he has on his highlight reel

It's also just bloody good for the competition. We don't want teams running away at the top. Ditto Penrith over the Tigers.

Tremendous crowd at Brookvale, just when me and the old man were questioning crowd numbers these days. Perhaps it's a suburban thing, people will always rock up to their local stadium...as long as their team look OK.

Blair

Coach
Johnson had 'tightness of the quad'. We recall that anxiety well! Glad he's gone, sort of!

Parra beat the injury-affected Sharks but I still think both sides are on for a good season.

Last edited:

Big Marn

Juniors
Eels were well worth their win too.
Geez Guthersons' a champion player. would love him in our side.
Always thought he was a bit overrated but not any more.
Must be enjoying those after match interviews, after the last couple of seasons where hes had to front up.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Johnson had 'tightness of the quad'. We recall that anxiety well! Glad he's gone, sort of!

Parra beat the injury-affected Sharks but I still think both sides are on for a good season.

Tightness of the quad or bad hair day? Toughen up Princess.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And now the Dogs are leading the Storm 12-0 after 30.... it’s shaping I to be a funny old season.

Blair

Coach
And now the Dogs are leading the Storm 12-0 after 30.... it’s shaping I to be a funny old season.

Dogs choked. That sideline conversion miss will haunt that young fullah. If it went over - and it became 12-all - they would've probably gotten the ball back and set themselves up for a field goal for a 13-12 upset.

This is the only result that truly left me flat this weekend.

Latest posts