What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 4 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I feel like I'm doing the hype for the NRL...but this is a magnificent round of rugby league!

Tonight, the GF rematch, Panthers v Parramatta. The Eels beat them twice last season but were never in the big one. Will the same thing happen here? Parra sure are desperate enough to pull off an upset.

Friday is juicy too. Can the last dash Tigers upset a below-par Storm? Or will they just play them into form? Then the game of the round, Dolphins against Broncos, both sides undefeated. The NRL couldn't have dreamed up a better script.

Saturday, It's all Queensland again. The Cowboys are hurting, the Titans are feeling quite good about things. Expect a cracker. Then the Rabbitohs will look to have something to prove against the unbeaten Sea Eagles. Playing away from home always has Manly looking less likely, but we'll see.

Sunday sees the Warriors back in Auckland where they belong. The Dogs seem competitive again and there's some big egos in their side who just might not step up if the the home side's drums get going, with points piling on.

The Knights miss Ponga, he's their star, and they'll face the Raiders without him again due to concussion issues.

We close with the struggling Dragons against the Sharks, who are also down on results. This local derby is tense at the best of times!

Enjoy the hype! (and the actual games).

Blair

Coach
Ryan Matterson is back after his three-game suspension as opposed to paying the $4000 fine he incurred last year.

Parra start fast, 6-0, the 'Parra-chant' is on!

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Poor Parra! Eight-all at the break, they were enjoying seeing how badly Penrith play when they're losing.

With possession Parra should be 16 or so points up, with the Panthers a bit rattled.
Let’s see if Moses can stand up and earn his money

love watching the eels lose, Moses and Gutherson wind me up to the point where if the Storm and Eels play I don’t know who to go for

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It was a Thursday night thriller though!

17-16, Eels. Final. We just need the Tigers to upset the Storm now and then every side is off the mark. It makes for a more interesting competition.
Yeah that’s been notable already this year- Tigers aside nobody has looked consistently crap and only the two Brisbane sides have been consistently right on song. It’s making for a competitive season.

Blair

Coach
C'mon Tigers. The upset is on, hopefully. 50 NRL games for our Katoa.

Think back to 2011. Remember how good the Tigers were, the last time they made the finals? I just wondered how they would've went against the Storm, in that year's GF Qualifier down in Melbourne?

We famously upset the Storm, remember, but we denied the Tigers the chance of doing the same.

Anyway, back to the future, good start by both sides.

Blair

Coach
Katoa with a lovely pass onto Warbrick, a Kiwi, who scores his first NRL try.

Who's Warbrick?