What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 5 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
RIP Tommy Raudonikis.

Gee, there'll be some tributes going around the grounds this weekend, including at North Sydney Oval, where the Bears host Newtown, in the NSW Cup.

Tonight, it doesn't get any easier for the strugglers. The Rabbits host Brisbane. We know Souths will win this one.

Friday has the 0-4 Sea Eagles against the middling 2-4 Warriors. Des can break the duck here, there shouldn't be much doubt about that. The main game is a beauty, Panthers v Raiders.

Saturday, and Titans v Knights is so middle-of-the-road, isn't it? Following is the mismatch of the round, the Bulldogs playing the Storm, and we'll need the shock of the season thus far to maintain a bit of interest in the competition this year. It's all so predictable and skewered towards four or five sides, the boring middle, and the shockers.

Roosters v Sharks is the feature game on Saturday night. I'm not sure the latter can be anything more than a top-seven/eight side but we'll see. They appear to be missing Johnson.

Sunday, the Tigers are favourites at home v the Cows. Gee, if NQ lose again, that's 0-5, an awful start for a new coach. There's rumblings of player discontent already, almost the opposite of which Payten experienced at the Warriors.

Eels and the Dragons are the close-out game. Typical Sydney fare. St George have been better than expected so far. The Eels have Fergo to entertain the neutrals.

Enjoy.

How much can we offer Reynolds?
Funny they didnt go on about the 2m forwards pass to Johnstone from Mitchell like ours vs Raiders.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
How much can we offer Reynolds?
Funny they didnt go on about the 2m forwards pass to Johnstone from Mitchell like ours vs Raiders.

haha don’t even get me started. It’s obviously not as bad if it’s thrown by an Aussie...

We deffo need a big signing for our spine - Reynolds would have to be at the top of that list

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Two big retirements in the last two days. Jake Friend for the Roosters, and Micheal Morgan for the Cowboys a short while ago.
Both due to injuries, sad way for them to go out but both have had great careers.

Will be interesting to see what Cowboys do with Morgan’s money, McGuire looks to be leaving too so that’s a fair chunk of coin to chuck about.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Ripper first half from Canberra and Penrith, they are a mile ahead of our game earlier !

We have had a very ordinary start to the year but Roosters, Souths and Penrith is a tough start in the first 4 weeks compared to the standard of the rest of the comp

Blair

Coach
Ripper first half from Canberra and Penrith, they are a mile ahead of our game earlier !

We have had a very ordinary start to the year but Roosters, Souths and Penrith is a tough start in the first 4 weeks compared to the standard of the rest of the comp

Panthers v Raiders or Eels, what a GF.

I've just seen the Manly v Warriors result and it was almost predictable that Manly won. I presume Cherry-Evans potted the winning kick?

I've seriously lost interest in the Warriors.

Blair

Coach
The 2nd Half's a grind, with no way through, it seems, for my green machine, who need to be the next to score.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Panthers v Raiders or Eels, what a GF.

I've just seen the Manly v Warriors result and it was almost predictable that Manly won. I presume Cherry-Evans potted the winning kick?

I've seriously lost interest in the Warriors.

You presume correct mate, Schuster had a crack with 40 seconds left that got charged down and they got the ball back and reset and he knocked an ugly one over last play of the game

On Schuster, we are a shit show of getting him probably but the Kiwi selectors have to be in his ear, special talent

Knights get a Warriors call there, goes up a try, bunker intervenes and really no angle due to players blocking view that ball never touched ground.
If there is not definite proof they should not over rule the ref!!!

JJ

Immortal
Sounds like Fifita is living up to the hype?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Knights get a Warriors call there, goes up a try, bunker intervenes and really no angle due to players blocking view that ball never touched ground.
If there is not definite proof they should not over rule the ref!!!

Titans 42 Knights 16, looks like the GC are moving into the upper-tier.

Bulldogs v Storm, this will be a must-see. What's the NRL record? 68-6, or something similar.