What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 5 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Canberra goooorne
53-12, loss. At home! Gee, is Sticky the first coach to go?

Melbourne 18-10 over Souths. Word of Melbourne's demise is grossly exaggerated.

I watched the first one at the 4 Pines Brewery in Brookvale. What a great joint, they sponsor the Sea Eagles and I wished Manly were playing. The league TV shows were playing up the Harrigan v Spudd rivalry from the '90s. Now THAT was brutal!

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That Raiders squad is close to the worst in the comp, they have absolutely zero star power to make things happen in the backs

Blair

Coach
Madness in Mudgee! 32-all. No points in golden-point.

Another thing, for the first time this year, I've felt a tinge of Autumn chill, footy weather is upon us here in NZ, NSW and Victoria.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
53-12, loss. At home! Gee, is Sticky the first coach to go?

Melbourne 18-10 over Souths. Word of Melbourne's demise is grossly exaggerated.

I watched the first one at the 4 Pines Brewery in Brookvale. What a great joint, they sponsor the Sea Eagles and I wished Manly were playing. The league TV shows were playing up the Harrigan v Spudd rivalry from the '90s. Now THAT was brutal!
Sticky is a protected species in Canberra, from management. I will give him this - he is a very good networker and a guy who knows how to make the right mates in the right places. He's done that in Canberra, in the media, anywhere he needs to in order to keep his job and hold up a PR front.

Blair

Coach
Dragons 38-12 over Dolphins. Has their bubble burst? Dunno, but I do know the Warriors also had a tough reality check in '95 down in the 'gong. We got hammered too.

Glad we got that non competition against us for duration of contract broken clause on Walsh's release to Broncos.....

Oh we didn't?

FMD

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Glad we got that non competition against us for duration of contract broken clause on Walsh's release to Broncos.....

Oh we didn't?

FMD
The level of fawning over Walsh is crazy, and it makes me wonder what strings were pulled behind the scenes to get him back to Brisbane so that he could be the face of the game because it wouldn’t do to have the face of the game at the Warriors

The level of fawning over Walsh is crazy, and it makes me wonder what strings were pulled behind the scenes to get him back to Brisbane so that he could be the face of the game because it wouldn’t do to have the face of the game at the Warriors
It will be interesting how he handles it, as his past doesn't bode to well with the potential to fall off the wagon. Hopefully he has some good mentors around him as at the moment the sky is the limit for him.
Loved Mel's eyebrow dig tonight. Wife though it should be left to Matty John's for the jokes.

Blair

Coach
As my old man would say, 'he's no good going backwards.'

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Fox locks it up with seconds left, Burton conversion to win it

edit: hits the upright, golden point again!

Latest posts