What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 6 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Penrith's 'million-dollar men'. That's the Cleary's, both locked in till 2027. The younger one said, 'I arrived in Penrith at 14 and didn't know anyone, now it's home'. Gee, I wonder where he came from and whether that place had an NRL team?

Tonight has a bit of desperation to it, Raiders v Cowboys. Sticky v Todd. There's two coaches there who don't smile much at the best of times.

Friday, the Rabbitohs could get pipped by the Dogs, simply because side's always eventually win, six games without one is getting to that point. The Panthers will celebrate the Clearys by rolling Brisbane, and increasing the frown on coach Walters.

Saturday, Manly v Titans. A tight one, I reckon, as the GC just have to tighten up their discipline to make it a contest. Does much separate these two? Manly's history always weighs in there.

Match of the round, Storm v Sharks. This would be a great GF preview, actually. The Sharks look potential shock premiers at this stage, provided Penrith fail the back-to-back jinx.

Sunday, it's been 20 years! Roosters v Warriors! Jones, Fitler, Seu Seu, Fitzgibbon...long retired but not forgotten. What a shame the final score blew out so badly. Back to the future and the historic SCG is hosting another contest that has Easts as favourites.

Sunday, Dragons v Knights. Two former 21st Century Premiers now looking like just making up the numbers. The Eels and Tigers is another one set for an upset. Who opens the season with six straight loses?

Enjoy.

A few potential upsets this weekend could be on the cards!
Non favourites, Cows, Sharks, Titans, Knights all possible,
We are $5 outsiders, only Tigers at $9 and Broncos at $10 are worse. Man even Dogs at at $4
A win might have them talking about the Warriors? Who am I kidding they would have to be top1-4 to get spoken about.

Blair

Coach
My prediction for Sunday is that we start OK but then get rolled, ala 2002 GF!

Blair

Coach
18-12, Cowboys. Final.

Wow, good second-half for NQ. They were down 12-0 at the break.

Meth

Staff member
Terrible double sin-binning in the Broncos v Panthers last night. A bit of a tit-for-tat face palm and they both go off.

Benek

Juniors
I didn’t see the event, but does this mean that hitting someone on the field gets a 10 minute suspension but calling someone a word gets 4 games off?

Meth

Staff member
I didn’t see the event, but does this mean that hitting someone on the field gets a 10 minute suspension but calling someone a word gets 4 games off?

neither punishments were justifiable- but similar scale imo. If those open palm strikes are 10 mins, than montoya’s slur could be 4 games.

both were over reactions imo

of course, there are evident inconsistencies in rugby league- Gould highlighted this, with Montoya receiving the 3rd weightiest punishment from the judiciary so far this year.

Blair

Coach
I've been called into work tomorrow, so I'll miss going to see my beloved Roosters at the historic SCG.

JJ

Immortal
Guess I am fully stupid, but is it too much to hope for that just one year we don’t have a season with ad-hoc undocumented rule changes, along with wildly inconsistent and worse on and off field officiating decisions…. Just one…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Can’t win without Tom according to the experts, that’s 5 from the last 6 without him.
Will take the win, troops were thin on the ground in the 2nd half with head knocks. Haven’t seen the twerp with the whistle before and will be quite happy if I don’t see him again. I’ll happily take Olakauatu for a third of the price

David Fifita, close to the biggest waste of money I’ve seen. Won’t take a dirty run out of his own end, lazy in defence as seen when Foran ran straight through him for a try and he barely got a finger on his collar, but the commentators talk him up big time because he ran one in from 20m out with Aloiai on his inside and pushed off a winger

Next minute Storm turn it on and it's 34-18.
Sharks been talked up but it really is a thumping.
And Storm took 2 penalty kicks in good field position and bombed a try. Could of got close to 50!

Blair

Coach
Next minute Storm turn it on and it's 34-18.
Sharks been talked up but it really is a thumping.
And Storm took 2 penalty kicks in good field position and bombed a try. Could of got close to 50!
Wow, men v boys in the end. We do need a third team, outside Panthers and the Storm, to threaten for the premiership though.

Latest posts