What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 7 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Anzac Day Round, Lest We Forget.

Tonight, it's the unstoppable Panthers hosting Newcastle. I'm sensing an upset, the Knights are alright and Penrith probably need a loss.

Friday, the Titans, who were blitzed last week in the bush by Manly, have Souths, who still must be on a high after that memorable win over the hapless Tigers. The main game is the Eels and Broncos. No sure thing here, as Brisbane might've turned a corner.

Saturday has the Sharks looking confident over the Bulldogs, who have lost their meathead Hetherington to suspension, but he's been excellent for them this year.

Cows v Raiders. Match of the round. A fascinating contest. Have Canberra shown themselves up? They're definitely in a slump, whereas NQ are now winning games.

Sunday, Anzac Day, and it's now three traditional games. Tigers, the shell-shocked Tigers, v Manly at the flash new Parramatta Stadium. Expect a beauty. Roosters, playing some U15s error-prone footy, could be aced by the Dragons, who weren't that bad in losing to a perfect Warriors last week, after wininng four on the trot.

We close out with the big one, Storm v a depleted, underdog Warriors. What can go wrong for Bellamy, Mooks and Melbourne? One thing is true, if Munster goes down it'll be the 'little boy who cried wolf'.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
I've just checked my work roster, a day-off on Monday! That means beers v Storm!

Blair

Coach
The Knights have stayed in it after Penrith broke out to an early 10-nil lead.

10-6. 2nd half. If there's an upset brewing, the Knights are the team to do it as they're a gutsy side, and with Ponga they have a match-winner.

JJ

Immortal
Feels like 91 at the moment, freakishly talented young Penrith side looking incredibly composed as teams load up to beat them recognising they’re the big dogs... but can’t

Just need some great rock albums to be released and I’m in heaven

WellsNZ

Juniors
Every couple of years there's a story about some giant Polynesian kid dominating all the other kids his age and the parents are crying about it because little Jimmy is getting trampled.

Fifita is this kid, but doing it to full grown men in the NRL.

How the f**k is he only 21

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Every couple of years there's a story about some giant Polynesian kid dominating all the other kids his age and the parents are crying about it because little Jimmy is getting trampled.

Fifita is this kid, but doing it to full grown men in the NRL.

How the f**k is he only 21
Yeah , he could be anything

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Fifita is a beast don’t get me wrong, but was a bit of a downhill ski effort tonight from him, great in the first half with momentum but barely sighted in the 2nd when they are under pressure

Shit the Tigers let some decent players go, Tedesco, Papenhuysen, Thompson, Benji and Moses could make a handy backline

WellsNZ

Juniors
Fifita is a beast don’t get me wrong, but was a bit of a downhill ski effort tonight from him, great in the first half with momentum but barely sighted in the 2nd when they are under pressure

Shit the Tigers let some decent players go, Tedesco, Papenhuysen, Thompson, Benji and Moses could make a handy backline

To be fair he was the reason they had that momentum in the first half, and they barely had the ball in the second which really nullified him.

Could throw JAC into that backline as well. They really bombed the hyped "big 4" they had of Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Woods. All they wound up with was a heavily overpaid 7.

Tongue

Juniors
To be fair he was the reason they had that momentum in the first half, and they barely had the ball in the second which really nullified him.

Could throw JAC into that backline as well. They really bombed the hyped "big 4" they had of Brooks, Moses, Teddy and Woods. All they wound up with was a heavily overpaid 7.
Imagine having a marquee player like Fifita in your team, scores a hat trick in the first half for you, and then you still lose.

Blair

Coach
Imagine having a marquee player like Fifita in your team, scores a hat trick in the first half for you, and then you still lose.

The Robina faithful were devastated, I haven't heard them being that noisy in the first half since the Preston Campbell/Scott Prince days.

Then they lost.

Blair

Coach
The fox, Josh Addo-Carr

They had him playing reserve grade for most of his last year at the Tigers, but he was just a kid.

Johnson back for the Sharks!...

Bulldogs race out to 12-nil, Dugan having a shocker.

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
That dropped bomb by Dugan for the Doggies 2nd try, he was in the air and Hopoate jumps into his back but doesn’t play at the ball. Hopoates hands actually end up on Dugans back. Should’ve been penalty Sharks. Inconsistent refs. We were penalised V Raiders when RTS supposedly touched attacker in the air late in the game.
Don’t get me wrong, Dugan is shit and should’ve caught the ball but this crap Fs me off. And lol at Dugan thinking he can switch to Union. He mud and has been so for years now

Blair

Coach
SJ gassed, subbed-off.

Played alright though. Cronulla have the 18th Man on the bench ready to go.

18-6, Dogs.

Edit, Dogs hold out to win their first game this season, 18-12. It's quite emotional!

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
I see the Johns boys are talking up Johnson to Broncos and Reynolds to Sharks after Chad goes to Cowboys...

man’s Dean Pay want to coach again, he was poorly treated imo and did a lot right with a terrible team

Latest posts