What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 7 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Well the big news is that the Tigers are playing the bye so they should pick up two points at last! We'll wait and see though, as they do have a habit of stuffing up and even their coach isn't 100% confident.

Tonight, a beauty, Dolphins at home to an improved Souths. I'm expecting the Rabbitohs to assert their experience here.

Friday, Sharks v Roosters, a good Sydney game, then the Battle of Brookie redux, Manly v Storm!

Saturday, we're heading to Mt Smart, Warriors v Cowboys. Let's bring the weather factor in, and have lashings of wind, and sheet rain with a bit of ice on it! That's the reverse of a hot, dry day in Townsville.

The Knights won't upset Penrith, probably not, and the Titans always love upsetting big brother Brisbane.

Sunday, Sticky's Raiders are upbeat this week and they should win two straight, plus pile more pressure on Griff, the not so magic Dragons coach. Eels, the average Eels, close us out against the Bulldogs. That's anyone's guess.

Enjoy.

Blair

Coach
That was probably Souths experience playing out there. Down 14-6 at the break but running out 32-14 winners.

That pitch looked pretty rough too, divets galore.

Blair

Coach
"Tedesco back from concussion".

Insert any player's name there and it's something we'll hear all season.

Oh, and Lodge back! Do we ever want to hear that?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
And Lodge? Let's get this right, we're paying him to bash us up in a couple of weeks?
I’m gonna be optimistic about that one too, we’re paying him to get bashed by our blokes. Hasn’t set the world on fire tonight yet anyway.
The Cheese is killing them too but tell me with a straight face that his try would’ve been awarded if it was a Warrior scoring it!

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Brandon Smith can't finish a game? This time it's through being sent to the bin.

Sharks win. Now on to Brookvale...Storm kick-off...clear night so far...packed hill...wish I was there...

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If Tommy Turbo wasn’t so ridiculously good at football I could picture him as the most awkward pencil-necked geek ever

Blair

Coach
If Tommy Turbo wasn’t so ridiculously good at football I could picture him as the most awkward pencil-necked geek ever
Well, my mrs has just told me he's quite good-looking, in fact, he's one of the more attractive league players. So there you go.

10-6, Manly at the break. Rain is pelting down. Gee, I'd love to be back home on the 'Beaches.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hard, physical game that one

the hit on Olam was immense. DCE playing too well for them so they went to the Storm dog shot policy to try and get him

Blair

Coach
Hard, physical game that one

the hit on Olam was immense. DCE playing too well for them so they went to the Storm dog shot policy to try and get him
It was a proud day for the club.

Now let's have the knights upset Penrith. They're up 4-2 early. The deck looks poor up in Newcastle, will that favour the home team?

Blair

Coach
Panthers bring reality back, 6-8 with kick to come
That was after Gagai was pinged for mouthing off with the ball in hand. The Knights' coach went off in the box.

Edit: 14-6, Knights at the break. Deservedly too. The 'Newcastle chant' is going off, they probably didn't want halftime to come.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Felling better about last weeks result right now- Newy still on top of Penrith at the 50 min mark. They’re really rebuilding the home fortress this year

Latest posts