What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
The big talk this week is about this NRL Conference proposal. There'd be two, Sydney in one, the rest in another. I don't know what to think really. Back in '97, I did find that split competition a bit dull on the ARL/Sydney side, but others loved it.

What do you guys reckon?

Great game tonight, Raiders v Rabbitohs. Gee, Sticky must be in a bind right now. He's bad-tempered at the best of times, but his team has some serious wobbles.

Friday, the Storm should keep rolling on v Sharks. Will SJ spend more time on the field? Can he make a difference? He's always been put under pressure like this. Broncos v Titans, a tough one to pick. Both teams are on the improve.

Super Saturday, wow, Panthers and Manly, in wild and wooly Bathurst. I might head out to this. If Manly win (and surely Penrith are due for a loss?) then that's a huge turnaround in form since their win over the Warriors.

Can the Dogs upset the Eels? I think they can. What about the Knights over the Roosters? Unfortunately there's a class issue there. Those top three or four teams are next level.

Sunday, it's the Warriors at home against their former coach, who did so much to make us a better club last year. Payten's new side, the Cows, look to have turned a corner too.

We close out with the stuttering Dragons against the success-starved Tigers, with one coach there under enormous pressure. Get used to these Sydney games if the conference proposal gets the go-ahead.

Enjoy.

nswarrior

Juniors
The big talk this week is about this NRL Conference proposal. There'd be two, Sydney in one, the rest in another. I don't know what to think really. Back in '97, I did find that split competition a bit dull on the ARL/Sydney side, but others loved it.

What do you guys reckon?

Great game tonight, Raiders v Rabbitohs. Gee, Sticky must be in a bind right now. He's bad-tempered at the best of times, but his team has some serious wobbles.

Friday, the Storm should keep rolling on v Sharks. Will SJ spend more time on the field? Can he make a difference? He's always been put under pressure like this. Broncos v Titans, a tough one to pick. Both teams are on the improve.

Super Saturday, wow, Panthers and Manly, in wild and wooly Bathurst. I might head out to this. If Manly win (and surely Penrith are due for a loss?) then that's a huge turnaround in form since their win over the Warriors.

Can the Dogs upset the Eels? I think they can. What about the Knights over the Roosters? Unfortunately there's a class issue there. Those top three or four teams are next level.

Sunday, it's the Warriors at home against their former coach, who did so much to make us a better club last year. Payten's new side, the Cows, look to have turned a corner too.

We close out with the stuttering Dragons against the success-starved Tigers, with one coach there under enormous pressure. Get used to these Sydney games if the conference proposal gets the go-ahead.

Enjoy.

I used to like the Raiders but with Rickys non stop whinging I now enjoy seeing them lose - just to see Ricky go off

there were 2 tries denied for obstruction and rightly so but that was all he went off about

Blair

Coach
I used to like the Raiders but with Rickys non stop whinging I now enjoy seeing them lose - just to see Ricky go off

there were 2 tries denied for obstruction and rightly so but that was all he went off about

I went to bed with Canberra well ahead and now I'm seeing Souths have surged to a healthy win. They might be my premiership favourites now. With Bennett's experience over Cleary's, that's what's tipping me for them over Penrith.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
We are back in the 8!

suck a dick Ricky, (tho I tipped Canberra and wanted them to win, always a silver lining)

JJ

Immortal
I went to bed with Canberra well ahead, and now I'm seeing Souths have surged to a healthy win. They might be my premiership favourites now. With Bennett's experience over Cleary's that's what's tipping me for them over Penrith.
Penrith are just better if everyone is at full strength

a Penrith Souths or Penrith Eels GF would be good, but long way to go... Roosters and Storm will have plenty to say, and with Penrith have the depth to cope with injuries better than Souths and Parramatta imo

Blair

Coach
I turned the Sharks v Storm game off at halftime to watch the news on TV. The Sharks looked likely.

Nek minute it's 40-14, to Melbourne.

Now the Titans are in wrecking mode up in Brisbane.

Blair

Coach
Paul Vautin should've played a couple of seasons at the Broncos before his career ended. To me, he always sounds like he has a bit of guilt and regret there.

I'm trying to think of a kiwi equivalent at the Warriors?

Blair

Coach
Congrats to the referee for getting Brisbane back into this

True, but it is Brisbane, on the Friday night TV market. That's a business asset too important to fail.

Righto, second-half underway, 22-all, have the Broncos got what it takes? Or are they the mugs they've been for over a year now?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That sinbin was rubbish.

Still, the Titans remind me of the 2012 'Blues Clues' Warriors. Can score points but can't defend a lead

As soon as it hit 22-0 the Broncos got set restart and penalties galore, sinbin was terrible and the most obvious one for me was when they dropped the ball cold, the ref waited 10 seconds then found an offside penalty out of nowhere