What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Not Josh Morris? He was having a fairytale season.

Nah it was Brett. He’s the one who’s been scoring all the tries this year, I think he’s got about 10 or so.
Josh however did score a hattrick last night.

Man Roosters really are having a terrible time of it with injuries this year. Wondering if we see the wonder kid Suaali in the next few weeks

Blair

Coach
Nah it was Brett. He’s the one who’s been scoring all the tries this year, I think he’s got about 10 or so.
Josh however did score a hattrick last night.

Man Roosters really are having a terrible time of it with injuries this year. Wondering if we see the wonder kid Suaali in the next few weeks

Sorry, yeah, I meant Brett, the winger who's scoring all the tries. No faiytale there then. The Roosters will use it as an opportunity to blood a young gun.

JJ

Immortal
Sad if that’s the end of his career, in a relatively quiet way one of the best wings ever

Finish in 7th for the round on points diff, will be hard to break into the top 6 who are 4 points clear.
Manly, Eels tough test up next, then Tigers and Cows to follow before the bye pre origin.
Storm Sunday post origin (players backing up)

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Cowboys drop their three-game winning-streak, Madge survives with a Tigers win over the Dragons! St George have now lost three in a row. It's a funny season.

Rd 8 Ladder:

upload_2021-5-3_8-12-34.png

Look who's seventh! As Phil said above, we just need that points f/a to get into the positive. Minus anything is not a good sign of where any side is travelling.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
We are breaking opposition winning streaks - St George's 4, and now Cowboy's 3 - a good trait to have. Our draw for the next two months seems pretty tough, hopefully we get some Origin benefits. If we can be there or there abouts come the last month we then have a very very nice run home - tigers, sharks, bulldogs, Canberra and titans (not in that order).

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I think our run in the next few weeks is more than decent:
Manly
Eels
Tigers
Cows
Storm - Origin stars backing up
Knights
Dragons
Sharks

At the end of the day it depends what Warriors team turns up - if it’s the Warriors from the first half yesterday we’re going to win 5-7 of those games. If it’s the 2nd half Warriors we’re going to win about 2 of them.

How good would it be to roll into the last 6/7 weeks of the comp sitting in 6th position with AFB, Aitkens, Hiku and co all back with the Broncos, Tigers, Bulldogs coming up.

Big Marn

Juniors
anyone in that top 5 under false pretences? I kept betting against Souths the past 2 weeks but they have got a couple of tight wins over Titans and Raiders.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Just noticed RTS leading the Daly M with Cleary currently.
No way they give it to someone who’s leaving to rugby at the end of the year, but still cool for him to be acknowledged

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
2011 GF reunion at Brookie this weekend

Hard to believe the Manly halves will be the same 2 guys. Think Will Hopoate would be the only other one out of our side still going, Johnson, Maloney and Packer for you guys

Blair

Coach

Hard to believe the Manly halves will be the same 2 guys. Think Will Hopoate would be the only other one out of our side still going, Johnson, Maloney and Packer for you guys

'Great', I'm at Brookie for this one. I might shout out to Watmough, 'how can that be a play-the-ball?' Echoing what commentator Gould said that night.

The two coaches ae still going too. Which is quite rare.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal

I'm surprised Cherry Evans is 32 already, time flies... equally surprised that in that context Souths might be sniffing around him while letting 30 year old one club man Reynolds leave...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I'm surprised Cherry Evans is 32 already, time flies... equally surprised that in that context Souths might be sniffing around him while letting 30 year old one club man Reynolds leave...

Lol yeah that is absolutely bizarre and would have to be media rubbish surely. He got the assurances yesterday from the CEO and Des that all is fine but he was getting nervous. He should end a 1 club man, but will need to take a haircut on the next deal

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
'Great', I'm at Brookie for this one. I might shout out to Watmough, 'how can that be a play-the-ball?' Echoing what commentator Gould said that night.

The two coaches ae still going too. Which is quite rare.

Lol will have to see if time has healed old wounds with Watmough, wasn’t a pretty ending that one ! Matai won’t be there

Hope the club is well catered with George Rose attending the lunch

Always remember the guy next to me on the flight over to Sydney, had paid $1800 for flights and a match ticket and was that confident he had $400 on Warriors 13+

Blair

Coach
Lol will have to see if time has healed old wounds with Watmough, wasn’t a pretty ending that one ! Matai won’t be there

Hope the club is well catered with George Rose attending the lunch

Always remember the guy next to me on the flight over to Sydney, had paid $1800 for flights and a match ticket and was that confident he had $400 on Warriors 13+

Win or lose, GFs are always good times to remember. When did you book your flight, the week before?

The game had so many moments. I recall a brilliant run out of our twenty (it might've even been from inside our in-goal) from Inu. He got over halfway, then knocked-on with a quick ptb. It summed up his entire career that! Brilliant and flaky. I did love his personal battle with Matai that night though. We forget that he could put a tackle on.

Also, speaking of Rose, didn't he come down hard on Heremia with a forearm? That went unpenalised?

Which one of our esteemed refs was on duty that night?

Also Glenn Stewart, surely he's suspended for more than three games after the 'Battle of Brookie'?

Another memory was that the day was a wet one, but had cleared up by kick-off. For some reason I thought that favoured Manly, big match experience with better ball retention for starters.

Last edited:

Latest posts