What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 8 2022 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Atkins will sort that out, Walker had 3 goes at Garrick’s face on the ground earlier and nothing, as soon at they have the ball the whistle is straight to the lips

the bloke hasn’t ever gotten over Fonua-Blake calling him a genius
If it wasn't for Taupau's ludicrous flick-pass on the second tackle coming out of your end you'd be up at the break!

Even so it's only 18-16, Souths.

Funny how that tackle gets a send off, it looked bad. But is it due to Tupou staying on for the high shot that was complained about that got nothing vs Dragons.

At least Manly showed some spirit and didn't throw the towel in, like I can only imagine the Warriors would having a player sent 10 minutes into the game.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Go the Dogz! I told yez!

Gee, the Warriors have lost to some average teams this year. In hindsight, the Roosters were there for the taking.

Go the Dogz! I told yez!

Gee, the Warriors have lost to some average teams this year. In hindsight, the Roosters were there for the taking.
Didn't watch, will catch a mini tomorrow.
Weekend of upsets.
Refs sorted us out for Roosters game.
Log jam at the bottom of the table.
Gould get the credit for the win after a video and training session?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Still 2-0, Tigers at the 'Gong. Almost an hour gone. Let's hope the big crowd is getting its money's worth.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Thought that was an average call from the bunker to overturn the Tuilagi try, he caught it in the air and his hands were still on it during first contact in the turf, the fact it bounced out after it touched the ground should have been irrelevant

Blair

Coach
The Dragons hold out.

Rd 8 Ladder:

1651394008444.png

Eight (points) isn't enough! Look at that log-jam!

Plus, all those golden-point Warriors heroics and we don't budge. With our points differential if we lose next week we seriously risk losing touch with the eight.

Look at Payten and the Cows! Can they stay there?

The Knights are now last, that happened quite quick. What happened?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Dragons hold out.

Rd 8 Ladder:

View attachment 60995

Eight (points) isn't enough! Look at that log-jam!

Plus, all those golden-point Warriors heroics and we don't budge. With our points differential if we lose next week we seriously risk losing touch with the eight.

Look at Payten and the Cows! Can they stay there?

The Knights are now last, that happened quite quick. What happened?
the answer as always is keep winning. Relying on differential to make the 8 is settling for mediocrity.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Lawton - no arm between the legs, sent off, 4 week suspension

Wighton - arm between the legs, didn’t leave the park, 2 week suspension

NRL trumpeting player safety and how they have to go hard on it etc

Tatola hip drop on Brad Parker, Parker ACL injured and likely gone for the season, $1000 fine

something does not compute for me here

JJ

Immortal
Lawton - no arm between the legs, sent off, 4 week suspension

Wighton - arm between the legs, didn’t leave the park, 2 week suspension

NRL trumpeting player safety and how they have to go hard on it etc

Tatola hip drop on Brad Parker, Parker ACL injured and likely gone for the season, $1000 fine

something does not compute for me here
We all hate Manly???

continues to be non-sensical, but don’t think the injury is relevant tbh

jaseg

Juniors
At 176kg, you aren't playing league or union. It NFL, WWE or Sumo wrestling.
How much that boy have to eat to maintain that?

Believe it or not, while in college he actually *lost* about 20kgs to make it in the NFL - where he immediately became the heaviest current player in the league.

Not that this is NFL discussion time, but dude landed in the right spot, too. The Ravens love their monster sized linemen.

Mailata played league for Souths jnrs (same position in the NFL - well, the other side, but Mailata played a little on the right side previously)... dude is also huge (listed at 166 kgs). I'm pretty sure the reason given that he didn't get a fulltime contract (had a reserve grade deal tabled to him coming out of 20s) was the concerns about his size/motor at NRL level though, which tracks.

Latest posts