What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 9 2021 - General Non-Warriors Thread

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I didn't know Carl Webb had Motor neurone disease. I used to love watching him in Origin with the mean stare and haircut. The Blues were scared, and so was I, but at least I was on his side.

Shit, lousy break for the big fella. Quite likely what’s gonna get me in the end, runs in my family but at least we don’t generally cop it until into our 70s.

Blair

Coach
Cowboys over the Broncos in another thriller last night, Manly demoralise Warriors and the Dragons as expected over the Dogs.

Round 9 Ladder:

upload_2021-5-9_20-3-8-png.48332

Gee, there's a real logjam in the middle there. Which way are some of these teams gonna go?

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
I reckon it’ll stay that was, the battle for mediocrity will be enthralling

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think those 2 results we got against you will be crucial in the wash up. Sitting in reasonable shape, had an extremely tough draw with full strength roosters and Rabbits along with Penrith twice. Only 3 games left against the top 5 from here, players to come back and young guys stepping up and getting experience. The Fainu court case in a month or 2 could be a game changer too

Rich102

Staff member
Gl
Think those 2 results we got against you will be crucial in the wash up. Sitting in reasonable shape, had an extremely tough draw with full strength roosters and Rabbits along with Penrith twice. Only 3 games left against the top 5 from here, players to come back and young guys stepping up and getting experience. The Fainu court case in a month or 2 could be a game changer too

Glad to be of service.

Big Marn

Juniors
you got super lucky with both games missing AFB who would have been fired up. Normally when ex Warriors play us they grow another leg. I think Sipley was instrumental with the momentum swing when Manly went 100m down the field after Kodis catastrophic "pass". Got a key offload in the tackle that we should have snuffed out.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
you got super lucky with both games missing AFB who would have been fired up. Normally when ex Warriors play us they grow another leg. I think Sipley was instrumental with the momentum swing when Manly went 100m down the field after Kodis catastrophic "pass". Got a key offload in the tackle that we should have snuffed out.
Toff has been really good the last month and with the forward injuries we have being mostly long term he is going to get a nice run to establish himself, he was doing that a couple of years back then got a bad knee injury

Would have loved to see AFB playing, would have been a good matchup with Keppie who doesn’t take a backward step at all, love his attitude. All in all we haven’t missed him a huge amount with Paseka and Keppie stepping up alongside Taupau and Aloaia who was really good pre injury

Big Marn

Juniors
I don’t think his pass was that bad. Thought it was as much Berry who didn’t reach out and grab it. Either way, a f**k up of maximum proportions!
It was one of those betwixt and between passes. I was blowing up at Berry for not running onto the ball better but i guess he thought he should leave it, so i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

Scott

Bench
Just posturing to get a better contract?

Must have seen the $ilverLake numbers and thought it was a nice little retirement package.

It's a shame because he has a game suited to the modern game of Rugby League.

Latest posts