What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Reserve grade?

Canard

Immortal
The Knights, Canberra and Dragons run 2nd tier teams but local footy has remained strong

I would imagine they would, anywhere with direct links and pathways to NRL sides are going to be sweet. That's been my point all along

Iamback

Coach
I would imagine they would, anywhere with direct links and pathways to NRL sides are going to be sweet. That's been my point all along

Wouldn't Cowboys still take juniors from Cairns and surrounding regions? It has been good for them in the past

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
It hasn't affected Bears or Newtown as clubs, Not sure why it would Blackhawks
Bears and Newtown knew what they were getting when they signed agreements, Blackhawks signed players thinking they’d be getting a few cowboys like previous years, I have heard a few rumblings from people in Townsville, so we will see what happens

Canard

Immortal
Bears and Newtown knew what they were getting when they signed agreements, Blackhawks signed players thinking they’d be getting a few cowboys like previous years, I have heard a few rumblings from people in Townsville, so we will see what happens
You'd have to be a bit niave to not expect Cowboys players to get priority if you signed with the Blackhawks

Pneuma

First Grade

Interesting announcement. De-La-Salle moved to the Illawarra comp last year and now are linked into Newtown. What next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I give reserve concept two seasons..
Not so sure, seems NRL sees this as a development of players answer and is willing to pay for it.
Where it fell over previously is clubs were expected to foot the bill. This is first step as I see it, if and when we get a decent tv deal next time I expect big grant increases and squads to go to 40 with a genuine national reserve grade comp in place. Where that leaves the second tier state comps is anyone's guess. Hopefully the ARLC will have a plan for them as well.

I do wonder if some of the embarrassing legal battle around board control of the NSWRL where Vlandys was obviously super keen to get more NRL club people on the board was part of the 'smoothing the way'?

siv

First Grade
Another year another full round of NRL Reserve Grade

I also noticed the Qld Cup and NSW Cup fans didnt change their attendance habits

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wonder if they are aiming to align next side down into an nrl side comp as well. Pirates have been removed, Storm have taken it back under their wings and renamed to storm, sg ball has been moved to U19’s. Maybe we are heading to an u19’s national grade?