What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL SA NT etc.

joshreading

Staff member
160160p646EDNthumbNRLSA_FC_Grad_Pos.png

I have noticed that the SARL have changed to NRLSA and so too have the NT

NRLVIC WA and Tas surely not far behind

Last edited:

IowaRL

Juniors
Don't think it'll be NRLTAS, as they've already been switched to having Victoria screw them over.

Of course its a branding thing
Everything this admin does is a branding thing.
Just be glad its a branding thing and not the Tasmanian alternative.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
160160p646EDNthumbNRLSA_FC_Grad_Pos.png

I have noticed that the SARL have changed to NRLSA and so too have the NT

NRLVIC WA and Tas surely not far behind

3420643_1_S.jpg

The "SA" and "NT" look awkward. Id rather the Logo read "NRL South Australia" (like the "NRL One Community" template).

images

But the "NRL [insert]" is a good move branding wise; NRL is so well known that, for someone not familiar with RL governing bodies, it is much easier to recognise the association relationships than it would be with titles like SARL/WARL/NTRL.

And it continues along with the trend of rebranding the entire domestic sport "NRL"...

Last edited:
I know it's too late, but I would have like to see each state/territory badge with a small or modified state logo or crest on it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I know it's too late, but I would have like to see each state/territory badge with a small or modified state logo or crest on it.

Like the QRL logo??

00050561-image.jpg

I would definitely agree, just substituting the ball for something more distinguished would have been great.
But i dont think it is too late, they obviously dont have a problem with changing the logo as long as the basic design remains (aside from these name changes Tassie also changed their colours)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Actually, i wonder what each state would use.

Obviously NSW would bring back the old "Red Ball", but i cant think of any other defining features of other state bodies...

Zigwaa

Bench
90px-State_Badge_of_South_Australia.svg.png

South Australian emblem would look good on the nrl sa

This used to be on the SARL logo about 3 logos ago.

The new branding is trying to differentiate between League and Union, because few people in SA know the difference or even that there are two codes.