What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Salary Cap/CBA -2023 - 2027

Last Week

Bench
Right, so I played League throughout my teenage years, I had a couple of concussions.
If I have issues with my brain the older I get, should the NRL pay for it? or just NRL players?
I played the game, not at their level, but sustained the same injuries that they say have caused the issue.
Please note: the players would have to be able to prove beyond doubt that Rugby League has caused the issues.
Please also note: the players are not professionals in the medicine and healing fields.
Lawd help all those cross over boxes eh...
No because the collective bargaining agreement is only between players contracted to NRL clubs.

If players in Group 6 want similar protections, they would need their own CBA with the CRL or NSWRL.

Last Week

Bench
Because they can, because 600 workers are responsible for a $1billion income, because their job entails them literally smashing their bodies to pieces in the name of entertainment. id say looking after the players that bring in the money post career as best we can, given we know the damage they are doing to themselves, seems “fair”.
Literally smashing their bodies to pieces? Literally?

I've seen some big hits, but I've never seen a player lose structural integrity and fall apart.

Last Week

Bench
I have to question the wisdom of Clint Newton being the lead negotiator in these discussions. Here's a bloke who dated a future Miss Universe and thought "Na, I'm going to hold out for better."

*for anyone offended by the above, it is a joke. If you feel the need to disclose your feelings to me, please DM me and I'll sincerely delete it.*

Pneuma

First Grade

I've seen some big hits, but I've never seen a player lose structural integrity and fall apart.
Exactly. These are sports people who choose a profession where they are engaged in constant contact and for which they get paid. Everyone of us who played a rugby code gets smashed. It’s a risk we take. These blokes get paid huge money compared to the rest of us, get amazing privileges and opportunities for further income with sponsorship deals and careers if they are smart.

Perth Red

Post Whore

i was at the game when yow yeh snapped his leg in two,
McKinnon structural integrity?
yeh smashing their bodies.

Diesel

Coach
Does every club have a representive with the RLPA? I’m hearing quotes from a few Storm & Brisbane players, a handful of Sydney clubs. Is this being driven by all players?

MugaB

Coach
I have to question the wisdom of Clint Newton being the lead negotiator in these discussions. Here's a bloke who dated a future Miss Universe and thought "Na, I'm going to hold out for better."

*for anyone offended by the above, it is a joke. If you feel the need to disclose your feelings to me, please DM me and I'll sincerely delete it.*
Extremely piss funny stuff
... this is where this forum should be on a daily basis
Not jibbering about admin, viabilty and governance..
If someone would delete any and all of that shit, and just left these kinda jokes, the forum would be a goldmine of entertainment

Wb1234

Referee
Nrl should call their bluff

tired of all this hot air

abdo spent 3 days last week discussing the women’s cba with Newtown

the delay is because the players don’t want to negotiate

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Nrl should call their bluff

tired of all this hot air

abdo spent 3 days last week discussing the women’s cba with Newtown

the delay is because the players don’t want to negotiate
Exactly how I read Lane’s comments. Basically saying we will strike cos the nrl aren’t agreeing. It’s a collective bargaining agreement Shaun not a demand based agreement.

mave

Coach

Stop recycling jokes you merkinish merkin

Iamback

Coach
Exactly how I read Lane’s comments. Basically saying we will strike cos the nrl aren’t agreeing. It’s a collective bargaining agreement Shaun not a demand based agreement.

It has been my discussion all along, Where is the NRLPA's middle ground because that is how these get resloved.

For the record the NBA's one is heading to a lock out again

Wizardman

First Grade
Everyone here seems to have ignored this one. To have been asked three times if the meeting was recorded only to have admitted it the third time is deadset terrible and dumb business by the NRL. If Abdo knew about the recording (which would be an extremely high possibility), he must go.
Im not a fan of the way both sides have handled this....but to lie about a meeting being taped is pretty serious business.

Latest posts