What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Scores Spreadsheet

Apey

Staff member
If anyone here likes to keep track of results themselves then you may be interested in this spreadsheet I've made for the 2014 NRL season:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxH5T4ApCeDjSzJjYld3c0lSeW8/edit?usp=sharing

What it does:

- Keeps track of the Main Ladder, Home Ladder & Away Ladder
- Keeps track of the final series
- Provides some basic score statistics/records for every team
- Provides generalised score margin statistics (hopefully anyway, latest thing I added, should be working correctly).

How to use it:

Firstly, you have to enable macros. There's nothing nasty there, it's just for updating the tables.

Most of it is pretty self-explanatory. There are only 3 main inputs:

1. The scores of each game on the first sheet.
2. The team whose statistics/record you want to see on the second sheet. The 'codes' for each team can be found all over the spreadsheet. Knights, Sea Eagles, Storm, Rabbitohs, etc.
3. A margin of your choice below "Enter Margin" on the 3rd sheet.

For the tables, with macros enabled:

ctrl + s updates the Main table.
ctrl + h updates the Home table.
ctrl + a updates the Away table.

You can sort each table by each variable by hitting the drop-down header on each column. To return each table to how the NRL Ladder stands, sort by Position ascending/smallest to largest. and depending on what table you're using, use the relevant shortcut (ctrl + s or ctrl + h or ctrl + a).

Miscellaneous info
- At the end of the regular season, the TBA's in the final series section will automatically update to the teams in the top 8. If they're wrong it's because you haven't sorted it since adding in the last game of Round 26. (You can test it by adding those scores in)
- Byes are accounted for. They are added to the table after the first game result of a Bye round have been added

Pics related.

NRLMainLadderRound3.png

NRLFinalseries.png

KnightsRound3-1.png

DragonsRound3.png

MarginStatsRd3.png

I mostly made it for a bit of fun but quite happy with how it turned out, especially the team-based score statistics.

Apey

Staff member
I don't expect there to be a lot of interest, but figured I'd post it now it's finished (for 2014) in case so much as one person finds it useful. A few offline friends are using it, but further use and feedback is welcome.

Chris Simo

Juniors
Hi Apey, I love your spreadsheet. I have a blind friend who uses it religiously. A couple of questions though, on the TeamResults tab, it doesn't recognise a "0" (zero) score entered in the regular round tables (I have been substituting a "1" to get a result). In addition, the winning streak doesn't recognise successive wins spanning a BYE. I wonder if you could provide a solution?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Hi Apey, I love your spreadsheet. I have a blind friend who uses it religiously. A couple of questions though, on the TeamResults tab, it doesn't recognise a "0" (zero) score entered in the regular round tables (I have been substituting a "1" to get a result). In addition, the winning streak doesn't recognise successive wins spanning a BYE. I wonder if you could provide a solution?

Call the Help Desk?

Apey

Staff member
I have a blind friend who uses it religiously.

Lol uhuh sure.

A couple of questions though, on the TeamResults tab, it doesn't recognise a "0" (zero) score entered in the regular round tables (I have been substituting a "1" to get a result). In addition, the winning streak doesn't recognise successive wins spanning a BYE. I wonder if you could provide a solution?

Obvious pisstake aside, both of these things were actually fixed in the 2015 version, which was the last one I made.

Chris Simo

Juniors
Hi Apey,

I was not taking the piss, the blind guy really does operate a PC using a reciting application called JAWS.
Anyway, I would be interested to get my hands on the updated 2015 copy if you could pass it on.