What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Season

Nrl Season proposer - 24 games and two byes

• Stay the same

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Reduce the number of games

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • Increase to 30 , full home and away

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Galeforce

Bench
Some NRL players are stating there are too many games , trials , 9's , internationals ,State of Origin , city vs Country , 4 Nations , NRL season , trials etc. The NRL is looking at changing the game including the season . What would you like to see happen for the NRL season proper?

juro

Bench
I'd love to see a reduction in NRL rounds, offset by an increase in rep games, either mid-season or after the grand final.

oikee

Juniors
Who, who are these players saying they dont want to play too many games.

Here is what you do, you ban them from playing Origin, Internationals and Nines, along with any other games that might fatigue them.
Poor things.
Watch them faking whinge when they dont get a chance to make thousands from rep games.

Starting with B faking Morris, tell the dickhead to have the year off he cant hack it.

Your career is short, just ask B B b bb Birdee. Having a pee one minute, lost captaincy and fined along with leg injury the next.

Last edited:

oikee

Juniors
Ok, now i have had my whinge, here is what i would like Santa. My Xmas wish.

Jan31st weekend. Nines. Auckland
Feb 7th, 2nd weekend nines Brisbane.
Feb 14th 3rd weekend. Nines (Perth, Sydney, or Melbourne)
Start rising the prize money, say for player of the series 1st second and third.
best try, etc, stuff like that to make players even more hungry. B.Morris wont be needed, poor thing needs a break.
No trails, each club has to take a game to the bush during the season, some bush cities can even double up and have proper games played. That is better than trail games.

All-Stars.

World Club Challenge games x 3. Either in Australia or in England, rotate.

Season start and shortened to 18/19/20 rounds, depending on how many teams are in the comp.
Stop the season for Anzac weekend and a three week window for Origin and island of Origin.
Again, B.Morris wont be needed, poor thing needs a rest.

4-5 weeks of finals
Then 4 or 5 or 6 nations, whatever it might grow to at the end of each season.
World cup every 4 years, also throw in a Lions tour say during Origin time once in a bluemoon. , B. Morris might be needed.

Start rising the prize money, say for player of the series 1st second and third.
best try, etc, stuff like that to make players even more hungry. B.Morris wont be needed, poor thing needs a break.
No trails, each club has to take a game to the bush during the season, some bush cities can even double up and have proper games played. That is better than trail games.

All-Stars.

Season start and shortened to 18/19/20 rounds, depending on how many teams are in the comp.
Stop the season for Anzac weekend and a three week window for Origin and island of Origin.

4-5 weeks of finals
World cup every 4 years, also throw in a Lions tour say during Origin time once in a bluemoon. , B. Morris might be needed.

No thanks not today

Diesel

Referee
Theyre contracted to play 24 games plus trials and potential finals games.
Ban them from collecting $50k per origin game

POPEYE

Coach
No trials, Nines, Indigenous, Premiership with less games, Origins for the Pacific not just for Australia, Internationals. No comp overlapping any other and player survival of the fittest . . . with the best paid appropriately in a roundabout way by the broadcaster who also earned the right to be the worthiest

All-Stars.

4-5 weeks of finals

Stay off the crackpipe son.

fourplay

Juniors
It will likely never happen until two new teams are added to the NRL, which would over a season add an extra game per round (24 round season is 24 extra games), which means that you could reduce the season by 2-3 rounds without shortchanging the TV rights dramatically.

I think eventually the NRL will grow to an 18 to 20 team comp (pick any of Perth, 2nd Nzl, 2nd Bris, South Queensland, Central Coast, Adelaide or a Pacific team) and then it would be easy to shorten the season and have every team play each other once.

You don't hear the EPL players whinging about playing every week and mid week.

Yes it is a soft sport and NRL is a lot tougher but it does make the players look a bit soft when they start whinging.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Either less NRL games and more one off/internationals or more NRL games and less off the latter. We can't just keep adding games and we certainly can't reduce without compensating. Fans obviously want more games but it's a matter of balance.