What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News NRL leaked video scandals: Napa, May, Lane

franklin2323

Immortal
This is my point Frog. Do you TRULY believe it would not be an issue if it wasnt a NRL player? Do you seriously think it would not be an issue if some nuffie is knocking a girl off, whips out his camera, films her without her consent, sends it to five of his mates at his school/office/pub. You think the girl involved isnt hurt? You think the girl involved would care? Wouldnt be traumatised, embarrassed, violated? Just because it doesnt reach the newspapers or an internet forum?

Some things extend beyond the interest of our favourite sport or favourite team.

It is an issue if just 1 person gets it. It is an issue that anyone thinks it is acceptable to send.

99.9% of people just don't know about it. When it becomes known it blows up and that worsens the issue

Tiger5150

Bench
Why would it be spread if it was just a nobody?

Are you serious? First off all "allegedly" it was sent to a group of friends in a WhatsApp group. How many people does it need to be in that WhatsApp group before it is an issue for the girl? Answer that question for me.

I wish people would stop this stupid differentiation between May allegedly sending in to a "small" WhatsApp group and then a bad man (maybe an disgruntled ex panther) THEN sent it public. That is BULLSHIT. May had sex in private with a girl. The millisecond he hit send and sent it to another human, let alone a "small WhatsApp group", HE made it public.

franklin2323

Immortal
Are you serious? First off all "allegedly" it was sent to a group of friends in a WhatsApp group. How many people does it need to be in that WhatsApp group before it is an issue for the girl? Answer that question for me.

I wish people would stop this stupid differentiation between May allegedly sending in to a "small" WhatsApp group and then a bad man (maybe an disgruntled ex panther) THEN sent it public. That is BULLSHIT. May had sex in private with a girl. The millisecond he hit send and sent it to another human, let alone a "small WhatsApp group", HE made it public.

I will say it again for the slow ones....

The moment it was sent to the Whatsapp Group it was wrong. Actually backtrack the moment it was filmed it was wrong...

That doesn't change the fact that Snapchat, Whatsapp and all those places get this sort of stuff everyday. It doesn't excuse it BUT stopping NRL players doing it doesn't solve the issue.

So if this can be used to make those inclined to not send then something good came from it.

Tiger5150

Bench
I am on the Keto diet.
I don't want to get all Peter Fitzsimmons or anything but I think getting rid of sugar has made me go from being about Anthony Mundine level intelligence to at least Boyd Cordner level intelligence.

One foot in front of the other mate. A thousand mile journey starts with one step.

gordsy

Juniors
Particularly as I understand it Coleman is a codefendant with Musgrove?
According to fox news Coleman has been charged with assault with act of indecency, aggravated indecent assault — offender in company, and common assault.
So this is why I think Greenberg is a gutless merkin who only punishes people depending on the outrage of the media. Have some balls and be just as tough on the bloke playing reggies as you are on the bloke whose played origin.

gordsy

Juniors
The NRL clubs should be forced to have a lot more (older) women on staff. Like their mothers age. When on club duties such as at training, etc there should be more women around at all times. They should have women co-coaches. The only place there is not a women around should be the locker room.
This goes against what I usually think but the game is just suffering from these clowns way too much.
This is the stupidest thing I have heard in a while. You can't expect clubs to change their whole structure who they hire, the quality of people they hire just so players learn to not send sex clips to other players. The Tyrone May Incident will be the best teacher of all for them.

I believe he featured in a film from 1977. Went by the name "Jabba the Hutt". He had this bird, Princess Leia, tied up with chains. He didnt have an outfit, on account of the fact he played a slug thing.

Didn't see too much but you just know they got freaky.

Actually, that film he allegedly appeared in that you cite was from 1983. He allegedly was not in the original release of the 1977 film, it was only when the Special Editions came out in 1997 he allegedly appeared in the first one :p

BunniesMan

Immortal
People are conflating issues. When it comes to sex crimes first there is whether the sex is consensual. Then whether the filming is consensual. Then whether the sharing of the sex tape is consensual. Each is a crime and having consent in 1 or 2 of the 3 doesn't mean you have consent on all 3 matters.

It would require the highest levels of stupidity and immaturity to do any of it and expect to get away with it. They are literally sharing evidence of a crime. It would be like a murderer or robber filming themselves do it and then spreading it online just for laughs.

How about we introduce general knowledge and common sense exams before giving players a contract?

Apey

Staff member
People are conflating issues. When it comes to sex crimes first there is whether the sex is consensual. Then whether the filming is consensual. Then whether the sharing of the sex tape is consensual. Each is a crime and having consent in 1 or 2 of the 3 doesn't mean you have consent on all 3 matters.

It would require the highest levels of stupidity and immaturity to do any of it and expect to get away with it. They are literally sharing evidence of a crime. It would be like a murderer or robber filming themselves do it and then spreading it online just for laughs.

How about we introduce general knowledge and common sense exams before giving players a contract?

how many sex tapes you featured in big boi

Game_Breaker

Coach
Napa's videos were taken 5 years ago or more. As far as has been said publicly, none of the women in them have come forward and said they weren't consensual. Further the laws regarding dissemination of them only came into force in August 2017. Hence the Napa videos don't fall under the "intimate images" provisions of the New South Wales Crimes Act 1900 as his dissemination of then occurred long before that.

Tyrone May's ones were allegedly recorded after the laws came into force. Further he allegedly disseminated them without the consent of the women in them, as suggested by them going to the police regarding the videos dissemination. If those accusations are accurate, then may is in breach of sections 91N to 91T of the Crimes Act 1900, in which case he could be fined upwards of $110,000 and imprisoned for up to 3 years.

The big Papi clips were spread this year,
It doesn’t matter when they were filmed but if dissemination occurred this year then it does break the law

insert.pause

First Grade
The NRL’s culture is on trial tonight on the 7:30 report. Surprised the abc didn’t wait until next Wednesday...

Exsilium

First Grade
Actually, that film he allegedly appeared in that you cite was from 1983. He allegedly was not in the original release of the 1977 film, it was only when the Special Editions came out in 1997 he allegedly appeared in the first one :p

I’ll be honest, I couldn’t remember whether it was empire strikes back or a new hope.

Thanks for the correction!