What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL team: Trial v Newcastle Knights

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Good to seen them picking the Feagai Bro's and co will probably be needed. Losing McInnes for so long so early is devastating. I was of the opinion of not moving Hunt there so he can build at 7 with Norman but if McInnes is out for months as believed it might not be a bad idea to maybe run with Clune/Norman and Hunt at hooker with Luke on the bench until McInnes returns. If McInnes was out for say 2-3 weeks id just go Luke/Lovodua but not sure that combo can rack up enough wins out of possibly 8 weeks to keep us in the "Hunt"

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Ramsay should be the first winger chosen once he becomes eligible via inclusion in the NRL squad. The NRL team has few matchwinners who can score tries. Recruitment has done a poor job in recruiting attacking players since the departure of Gasnier, Hornby, Cooper, Brett Morris, Garrick, and Nightingale. Due to poor recruitment the Club has no choice but to use the younger attacking talent such as:-
Ramsay
Saab
Ford
Lomax
Sailor/Sauni Esau

SnowDragon

Juniors
Experimentation with the team is one option for trials.

some questions I have
- with McInnes out, is it not better to start with Joey Lovadua, and bring on Bully as the interchange? Joey can switch into the forward rotation and Bully comes on when the defence is getting tired.

- I’d like to see Sailor in the starting side. I’d like to see more of him in the halves and in the centres. Try to get a better fix on where he could fit. Normon is flexible in position, and our centres need a shake up if nothing else.

- centres and combo’s around that should be checked.

- Lock, I think it should be Merrin, but options to be tested.

- Fullback. Lomax to get his chance for an extended part of the match. He needs game time to learn the position

- it’s a trial, other FG lock is should have shorter stints. No need to risk injury, and every need to test the you defer guys and get a feeling for who could fill I. With rep duties and(or injuries

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Experimentation with the team is one option for trials.

some questions I have
- with McInnes out, is it not better to start with Joey Lovadua, and bring on Bully as the interchange? Joey can switch into the forward rotation and Bully comes on when the defence is getting tired.

- I’d like to see Sailor in the starting side. I’d like to see more of him in the halves and in the centres. Try to get a better fix on where he could fit. Normon is flexible in position, and our centres need a shake up if nothing else.

- centres and combo’s around that should be checked.

- Lock, I think it should be Merrin, but options to be tested.

- Fullback. Lomax to get his chance for an extended part of the match. He needs game time to learn the position

- it’s a trial, other FG lock is should have shorter stints. No need to risk injury, and every need to test the you defer guys and get a feeling for who could fill I. With rep duties and(or injuries
One thing with having McInnes missing is that it massively changes our bench rotation. Especially with Korbin under an injury cloud. We will need 2 props on the bench probably Sims and Kerr and one backrower probably Ford. This means T.Sims and Friz will be expected to regularly play 80 mins. Imo I would pick a backrower on the bench that can play a bit of hooker and try to squeeze as many minutes out of bully as possible. With a Lovodua or H.Lomax just doing a job before and after halftime to give him a breather.

George Dragon

Juniors
Euan Aitken, Eddie Blacker, Adam Clune, Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Jackson Ford, Tyson Frizell, Luke Gale, James Graham, Ben Hunt, Jacob Host, Tim Lafai, Blake Lawrie, Hayden Lomax, Zac Lomax, Joe Lovodua, Corey Norman, Jordan Pereira, Mikaele Ravalawa, Jason Saab, Tristan Sailor, Shaun Sauni-Esau, Tariq Sims, Jayden Sullivan, Paul Vaughan, Brayden Wiliame, Tyran Wishart.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/02/18/nrl-team-trial-v-newcastle-knights/

Noticed Issac Luke is the only one not named from our spine. Wrapped in Cotton wool considering McInnes's injury or reckon he's basically locked in over Lova?

Jayden Morgan should get a run today and Jayden Sullivan wont play
Not sure but you can get live scores from NSW rugby League web site
NSWRL dont live score trials

Dannyboy80

Juniors
I’ve got it on fairly good authority that Merrin tore a calf in the first week of training after arriving back from England, the new trainer Adrian Jimenez flogged him straight off the plane. The club are obviously covering it up. But that could be a reason for his non start tonight.

Crush

Coach
I’ve got it on fairly good authority that Merrin tore a calf in the first week of training after arriving back from England, the new trainer Adrian Jimenez flogged him straight off the plane. The club are obviously covering it up. But that could be a reason for his non start tonight.
Maybe he did an injury while he was break dancing for the boys, he seems to love dancing and fooling around.

epDragon62

First Grade
Ramsay should be the first winger chosen once he becomes eligible via inclusion in the NRL squad. The NRL team has few matchwinners who can score tries. Recruitment has done a poor job in recruiting attacking players since the departure of Gasnier, Hornby, Cooper, Brett Morris, Garrick, and Nightingale. Due to poor recruitment the Club has no choice but to use the younger attacking talent such as:-
Ramsay
Saab
Ford
Lomax
Sailor/Sauni Esau

Ramsey looked great but I would be concerned about the weekly grind for him intially.

In hope his introduction into the NRL is wisely managed.