What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to experiment rule changes in Round 20 dead rubbers

Valheru

Coach
If the proposed rules go through then quite clearly if the ref thinks it is a try they will call it as such knowing it gets reviewed but if they don't think it is a try they will refer to bunker to make sure their decision is right.

Just take it out of the hands of the ref and put it on the captains.

The 6 again for offside is silly too. There was an incident yesterday where the cowboys were on their own 10m line on tackle 1 and the broncos rushed up and smashed the runner, they were offside so the set restarted. The end result was they made 10 more metres than they otherwise would have. Quite clearly a penalty was a far better result of cowboys.

Vee

First Grade
The 6tg for offside should offer the penalty option. Teams will just stand offside as there is no kick at goal. The example above, Cowboys should be able to kick for touch to properly punish the Broncos, particularly on early tackles when advantage is minimal.

LineBall

Juniors
I agree regarding offside remaining a penalty and not six again.

With the scrums, I think they should do the opposite of what they trialed. It should be a handover for a knock-on and forward pass and scrums should remain for the ball finding the touch line or a player going into touch (except on the last tackle) and for mutual infringements.

Valheru

Coach
With the scrums, I think they should do the opposite of what they trialed. It should be a handover for a knock-on and forward pass and scrums should remain for the ball finding the touch line or a player going into touch (except on the last tackle) and for mutual infringements.

Yep agreed.

They seem to be on a never ending quest to "quicken the game up" but putting the ball in touch is a legitimate tactic to chew up some clock and give your players a bit of a rest. That shouldn't be taken from the game.