What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL to probe Hindmarsh withdrawa

hybrideel

Bench
not sure if this has already been posted. please delete if it has

credit to Bennett for not forcing us to play 1 down. If they were so sure he was fine why would you have a cover player warming up as well

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27192603-5018866,00.html

NRL to probe late Nathan Hindmarsh withdrawal from Dragons game

The NRL will investigate the circumstances surrounding the late withdrawal of Parramatta veteran Nathan Hindmarsh from Friday night's clash against St George Illawarra.
Hindmarsh pulled out of the game following the warm-up after copping a knock on his sternum, the same injury which saw him fail to finish last week's loss to Cronulla.

Backrower Justin Horo was promoted to the starting line-up to replace Hindmarsh with Brendan Oake coming onto the bench.

NRL rules prohibit a player who has been named on the official team sheet - which is supplied one hour before kick-off - from pulling out of a match with a pre-existing injury.

The Eels claim Hindmarsh had trained all week and had recovered from the injury, and they received the approval of Dragons doctor Paul Annett to make the late change.

The NRL still has the power to sanction the Eels if it was found the club contravened the rules with the late replacement.

"There was a suggestion that if we enforced the rules they'd have to play with 16," Dragons coach Wayne Bennett told ABC Radio.

"But I wasn't interested in that - I've always been about playing within the rules and fairness and that would have been against all my principles."

The Dragons last week lost prop Dan Hunt during the warm-up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
so was Dan Hunt replaced by an 18th man last week or did the Dragons play with 16 players..

I find it hysterical that the NRL may punnish us for being severely disadvantaged before a ball is kicked....

maybe we should nickname Brendon Oake the shock weapon!!!!...lol

Johns Magic

Referee
I heard it was a different injury to the one he got last week....

Not according to the commentary last night and this article.

Also no I don't think Parra should have been forced to play with 16 men. Just highlighting why there's an issue this week but not when Hunt did it last week.

hybrideel

Bench
personally i don't see why this rule is in place at all. The only people disadvantaged here really are the ones having a punt on try scorers and such.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Not according to the commentary last night and this article.

Also no I don't think Parra should have been forced to play with 16 men. Just highlighting why there's an issue this week but not when Hunt did it last week.

but regardless of whether it was a different situation to Hunt's or not the whole drama is laughable at best..

I can just see the headlines now!!

"eels involved in warm up rort"

the NRL will investigate a potential warm up rort by Parramatta before their clash against Saints where their over the hill and over paid player Nathan Hindmarsh was replaced by gun Brendon Oake only moments before the start of play...:lol:

Eelectrica

Referee
A suitable punishment would surely to strip us of the 2 points we... Oh never mind.

Maybe they could strip us of the points we scor... oh never mind.

strider

Post Whore
rules are rules .... in this case the rule is just plain dumb

probably 70% of players have a "pre-existing" niggling injury of some type .... its dumb to try and treat it as if we got some sort of benefit from what happened .... fix the dumb rule and deal with any wanker team IF they try and play silly buggers

hybrideel

Bench
the only real way you could take advantage of this rule is if we named the team with say hindy, hayne and guru out and then their fringe replacement players injured themselves in the warmup and these guys happened to be fit enough to take their place. In normal circumstances your better player would be the one getting injured

Nikki

Coach
personally i don't see why this rule is in place at all. The only people disadvantaged here really are the ones having a punt on try scorers and such.

And considering the amount of advertising for centrebet etc during coverage thats probably the exact reason. The rule has been brought in for all bettin agencies. :crazy:

StEely Matt

Juniors
It was a different injury - watch the post match conference on foxsports. DA was asked if it was the sternum injury that kept Hindy out and he replied no, it was a chest injury.

If we do cop a penalty, I am sure it will just be a fine.

hybrideel

Bench
watching some footage of hindy in the sheds being looked at it was his right boob that was being looked at

Latest posts