What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Touch

Stallion

First Grade
Again why didn't you do that?

Just a pleb champ. Had the rebel comps that satisfied the footy enjoyment. Ended up playing soccer. So I suppose I moved on. It's quite obvious that better non contact versions of rugby league are growing nowadays. I suppose public demand matters in the end. If not these other versions would not be growing?

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Show me where I said that? You make so much up mate.

Maybe you didn't? Don't know? Pretty sure you stated knew the people who made the decision to rid the game of a fundamental rule?! I'm watching the mate. The play the ball rule exists in the game I'm viewing on tv.

unforgiven

Bench
Maybe you didn't? Don't know? Pretty sure you stated knew the people who made the decision to rid the game of a fundamental rule?! I'm watching the mate. The play the ball rule exists in the game I'm viewing on tv.
No you claimed it, you prove it!

Stallion

First Grade
No you claimed it, you prove it!

Trembling in my boots. I recall that. It will be in a thread. As I remember you prancing around this a while ago. Nevertheless the rule change in 1996 did occur and you support it. I don't on the basis of fundamental rule respect and enjoyment of ruck play instead of run and dump. That's where we stand.

unforgiven

Bench
Trembling in my boots. I recall that. It will be in a thread. As I remember you prancing around this a while ago. Nevertheless the rule change in 1996 did occur and you support it. I don't on the basis of fundamental rule respect and enjoyment of ruck play instead of run and dump. That's where we stand.

So again you make claims and can't support them? This time about me, find the post where I said it!

Stallion

First Grade
So again you make claims and can't support them? This time about me, find the post where I said it!

You are such a hero . I'm not going to chase after your crappy dialogue. Let's get to the real issue : A disgraceful axing of an integral rugby-league rule in 1996. YOU HAVE STATED YOU SUPPORT THE 1996 RULE CHANGE IN THIS DISCOURSE!

unforgiven

Bench
You are such a hero . I'm not going to chase after your crappy dialogue. Let's get to the real issue : A disgraceful axing of an integral rugby-league rule in 1996. YOU HAVE STATED YOU SUPPORT THE 1996 RULE CHANGE IN THIS DISCOURSE!

You are constantly claiming stuff and not being able to back it up when asked.

How about you say you were wrong and we will leave it at that?

Stallion

First Grade
You are constantly claiming stuff and not being able to back it up when asked.

How about you say you were wrong and we will leave it at that?

Wrong at what!? This is what I have stated: Touch have voted in 1996 to cut a fundamental rugby-league rule. This has subsequently promoted other non contact versions of rugby league such as Oztag, Leaguetag and now Touch Rugby league. All these sports maintain the integral play the ball rule. That is not wrong. It's fact!

unforgiven

Bench
Wrong at what!? This is what I have stated: Touch have voted in 1996 to cut a fundamental rugby-league rule. This has subsequently promoted other non contact versions of rugby league such as Oztag, Leaguetag and now Touch Rugby league. All these sports maintain the integral play the ball rule. That is not wrong. It's fact!
You have stated that I am responsible for the rule on numerous occasions!

Stallion

First Grade
You have stated that I am responsible for the rule on numerous occasions!

Let's put it this way. You have indicated you supported it . And were privileged to a situation whereby you knew of its reality very early in its inception. Only going on what you have mentioned from memory. BUT IMPORTANTLY IT'S YOUR STANCE THAT IS BEING CRITICISED. I am openly critical and you have a right to maintain your stance that does not support the play the ball. We differ. That's a fact.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
Let's put it this way. You have indicated you supported it . And were privileged to a situation whereby you knew of its reality very early in its inception. Only going on what you have mentioned from memory. BUT IMPORTANTLY IT'S YOUR STANCE THAT IS BEING CRITICISED. I'm am openly critical and you have a right to maintain your stance that does not support the play the ball. We differ. That's a fact.
I was 17 at the time you goosem

Stallion

First Grade
I was 17 at the time you goosem

So the answer is through lack of experience & knowledge "goosem" ! I hope you enjoy TRL! And it has been informative and enlightening. Different perspectives have been challenged and both of us learn.Perhaps some more than others.

Last edited: