What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL vs Cronulla - a Grand Final too far.

SadShark

Bench
Disclaimer - I am not the right sneaky,derty fiend to be delivering this, as I don't have great elocution or respect OR integrity (all of the aforementioned). Bit of a dumb kaarnt too.

However...............

OK, today we played dumb for most of the 2nd half & that's where our dysfunction ends.

We have the NRL dead against us. Outright. We just ain't their favourites & don't suit their brand. Will never.

It is apparent now, more than ever, that they don't want us anywhere near a grand final. You've made it real obvious, that we have to accept the fact. Thank you NRL.

JT & Cowco whine & insult the NRL about a conspiracy & what happens? They get a Premiership & are the media darlings, right alongside the Broncos. All is well in the NRL universe.

After today, seeing the outrageous calls, bias & suposed incompetence, someone smarter than me at the club (that ain't hard), better poke these scheming NRL dogs deep in the chestbone & put a "JT" like spray all over their smug faces.

Generalzod

Immortal
Mate i was listening to triple m everytime that Cronulla scored it was like how the hell did that happen, but when the Broncos scored the commentators went berserk. Yep i do believe the NRL have their favourites.

shadowboxer

First Grade
It's a worry - I have been critical of the coach all year but he is as the club on a hiding to nothing. We were poor in the 2nd half, but not 20 sketching points to 2 -Well done today but I have grave concerns in the semis

Disclaimer - I am not the right sneaky,derty fiend to be delivering this, as I don't have great elocution or respect OR integrity (all of the aforementioned). Bit of a dumb kaarnt too.

However...............

OK, today we played dumb for most of the 2nd half & that's where our dysfunction ends.

We have the NRL dead against us. Outright. We just ain't their favourites & don't suit their brand. Will never.

It is apparent now, more than ever, that they don't want us anywhere near a grand final. You've made it real obvious, that we have to accept the fact. Thank you NRL.

JT & Cowco whine & insult the NRL about a conspiracy & what happens? They get a Premiership & are the media darlings, right alongside the Broncos. All is well in the NRL universe.

After today, seeing the outrageous calls, bias & suposed incompetence, someone smarter than me at the club (that ain't hard), better poke these scheming NRL dogs deep in the chestbone & put a "JT" like spray all over their smug faces.

you said it my friend

expansion agenda i call it

that try off an obstruction block play

The bunker calling a penalty for shoulder charge

And the weak as piss penalties trying to jump start their day

get f**ked nrl

we win suck a dick

Hauff

Juniors
Bullshit. Sharks winning a GF would be one of the great story lines for the NRL. I hope it happens soon.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Your delusional hauff - 50 years and sweet fa. Why would the NRL want to change it, they have wanted us gone for years, we are tick in an old dogs ass mate, can't get rid of us

Special K

Coach
Wow.

If you don't think the NRL would promote the hell out of us winning our first comp after 50 years playing exciting football you are mad.

Bullshit. Sharks winning a GF would be one of the great story lines for the NRL. I hope it happens soon.

Yes and no. It would also mean Sharks would get the immunity stick for couple of yrs. ,not pleasing some.

Neins commentary team are nauseous in their sycophantic commentary to all things Queensland.Its laughable to hear Queensland fans still claiming they are biased .

In saying that I think only thing sharks can do to stay in the game is to win premiership #1 and then Make it fashionable for all tourists to Sydney,All country and interstate fans,and all locals looking for a good time to go to shark Park the fashionable Boutique Rugby league ground in sydney to experience the atmosphere at true Australian working mans game of football.

Ill get off the soap box now and see myself to the door.

Special K

Coach
If you would like a conspiracy how about the NRL needing a Sydney team at the top of the comp. We are the best Sydney team. Parra are 5th and about to lose points, warriors win next time and there are only 3 Sydney teams in the 8. NRL can't be having that.

Weaponhead

Coach
I doubt the issue here is overt conspiracy but more unconscious bias. Cronullafied have been the shipping boys for years. Lose off a dud call, no issue because as John Lang said "the Sharks have no money and no influence".

The NRL has always been a political beast. Watching Poloitis sitting next Robinson during his rant showed what influence he has. 40 grand fine, no issue. The paper coverage was full of puff pieces about uncle nick and Robinson standing up telling the truth. The NRL hit them with a lettuce leaf. Imagine if that was the Sharks.

The big teams get the calls and the dud teams eat shit. It's the way of the NRL

Stake Removed

First Grade
The NRL had there chance to kick us out that has now passed, we are getting stronger financially each year.

There is plenty of low hanging fruit, we are now above that.

The NRL may not want us to win, but we will this year and put that right up them, other teams have won when not looked favourable by the NRL, us winning would be true underdog storey the aussie battler comes good.

Players who came to the club as battlers, throw aways, in Gallen he came here not getting run through Parra juniors makes it and as captain wins the comp.

Flanno the battler coach comes back against the odds a true Rocky Balboa story

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dumbest thread ever.

But funny as f**k.

Where do i buy a subscription to your newsletter?

taipan

Referee
It would be a feel good story,a team that has won zilch .See the headlines now'
" Holt has just landed at Wanda"
"All porch lights extinguished in the Shire."
'Trophy cabinet gets a spit and polish."
"Bite nite has arrived."
"plenty of pina colada no ASADA"
'Flanno's fabulous forwards flog the Cows"
"Wayne's Donkeys found wanting."
"the Kingsway to be renamed Shark's Street."
"Shire runs out of beer."
'Gal receives keys of the Shire."
"Holiday declared for all Shire schools."
"Maloney invites all to a Wanda BBQ"

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
Yeah,.... Na man.

I know some dodgy as calls tonight but full blown conspiracy it's a bit of a stretch.

Take off the tin foil hat and enjoy, it's a good time to be a sharks fan.

SadShark

Bench
Yeah,.... Na man.

I know some dodgy as calls tonight but full blown conspiracy it's a bit of a stretch.

Take off the tin foil hat and enjoy, it's a good time to be a sharks fan.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhshh..............(FFS, you're f**ken gunna ruin this for me - it's a conspiracy ;-)).

Now, where was I?

Stake Removed

First Grade
It would be a feel good story,a team that has won zilch .See the headlines now'
" Holt has just landed at Wanda"
"All porch lights extinguished in the Shire."
'Trophy cabinet gets a spit and polish."
"Bite nite has arrived."
"plenty of pina colada no ASADA"
'Flanno's fabulous forwards flog the Cows"
"Wayne's Donkeys found wanting."
"the Kingsway to be renamed Shark's Street."