What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLCEO LU1 League

abpanther

Staff member
Hey guys,

Here is the final list of owners:

1. Johns Magic
2. Rhino_NQ
3. Abpanther
4. Monk
5. Tom
6. Franko
7. Big Sam
8. Johnsy
9. Griffo
10. Perverse

I will create the league tomorrow, can everyone please post or PM me their email address so I can create a private league and invite you all (that way we don't get any blow ins like last year).

Also , can everyone please nominate when would be best to commence the draft (a night this week that suits), or should we simply commence it with large time limits and encourage people to make auto selection lists?

abpanther

Staff member
I still think we have plenty of time, if we get everyone in early this week and we start the draft I think we can just leave it going and set a time limit (say 4hrs) per pick (shut clock off overnight) and we encourage everyone to do it sooner, if we see we are gonna struggle we can organise a night the week before to finish it off.

Also, we need to all decide on the scoring set up, will it be the same as last year? No points for line break assists, etc?

perverse

Referee
the scoring method doesn't really bother me too much... but the reward for such stats has to be relative to their worth. line breaks, line break assists should probably only be worth 1 point each. 2 for a try assist maybe.

happy to go with whatever the old school is happy with, though.

i'm comfortable with any time period on bids, but keep in mind people so have lives and have to sleep. my life affords me the luxury of being able to check it pretty regularly, but i understand that others don't have the same access. then again, that is what the autopick system is for.

Mig2006

Juniors
AB - once the draft starts - the clock can not be stopped. I would suggest 12 hour time limits and if a person is going to be away for longer than half a day, they should make sure their prelist is filled out and auto select box clicked before they go!!!

This year, we have introduced the ability to change your pre selection list at any time during the draft. Players who get taken during the draft (and are on your list - change colour - and can't be picked obviously).

Pressing the autoselect box (during the draft) will mean that the player at the top of your preselection list will be the next person selected automatically by NRLCEO.

Looking forward to it.....

_Johnsy

Referee
PM sent

I am happy to go with whatever scoring system, as we all play under the same system.

I am no good on wed night, however Ill try have a fairly long trade wish list.

abpanther

Staff member
I think the 12hr limit would be best with everyone endeavoring to have lists or post quickly to get through it.

Thoughts??

Johns Magic

Referee
Firstly, the scoring system should definitely be the same as last year for mine. I thought they were great and see no need to change anything in that regard.

I do think that we should decide on a maximum amount of player cuts you can make throughout the season. Last year it was obviously haywire because you needed to cut a player to view free agents so we had to make it unlimited, but with that problem fixed, we should definitely limit it. Being astute and making the right recruitment decisions, rather than just being the first one with internet access when the NRL team lineups are named every Tuesday and picking up all the newbies just to see how they go, should be rewarded.

At this stage all nights should be good for me this week except Wednesday(anniversary night, will not be allowed near a fantasy RL site). Though I'll see what I can msg to one of my brothers and if they can help out, I have my contacts. Otherwise I'll just autodraft it up.

Will send through the contact details, looking forward to it and cheers for organising ab.

abpanther

Staff member
I disagree, I think unlimited cuts is the way to go, why restrict people from being able to add and drop players, I think if anything it is astute management to scan the free agent wire for those hidden gems.

JMO

Johns Magic

Referee
I disagree, I think unlimited cuts is the way to go, why restrict people from being able to add and drop players, I think if anything it is astute management to scan the free agent wire for those hidden gems.

JMO

Because I think it's unfair to those who don't work on a computer all day and can't be there come 3pm Tuesday every week.

I'm not one of them so it doesn't bother me so much, it was just something I noticed last year.

A couple of others' opinions might be warranted here.

abpanther

Staff member
See the real issue here is that the site should allow for a waiver system, whereby owners have 24 hours after Tuesday to place waiver claims for free agents, then teams are ranked from worst to first, worst teams get first dibs on free agents, then drop to the back of the queue, etc.

However without a waiver system I still think it is unfair to punish those who are active on the free agent market by limiting the number of player terminations, to be honest I've never played in a fantasy comp that has that rule.

perverse

Referee
i think there should be other incentives to be careful who you grab. when you recruit a player in nearlysport you cannot cut that player for 2 weeks. i think probably even 3 or 4 weeks would be very adequate incentive to be astute with your recruitment.

that not being an option... i would restrict it somewhat, and i say this as someone who is only advantaged by unlimited cuts. it doesn't have to be too tight.. but i think 1 or 2 cuts a week average should be enough, really? say limit it to 25-30 over the course of the season?

Last edited:

Tom155

Coach
ab do you still have my email? also we should have a 12hr time limit and stick with the same scoring system as last year

Tom155

Coach
ok all good

when ab sets up the comp when will drafting begin? i know its been posted but ive forgotten so help me out

Monk

Referee
Hey guys, i'm right most of the time. But tuesday during the day i have Uni Orientation, and Im working Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday Nights.

I can give one or two of you my number/NRL Account details so you can draft for me during those times.

Ab, im assuming you still have my email address?

Big Sam

First Grade
I agree with the player cut restrictions that JM is suggesting. Limit it to 10 I say.

Also please AB make the limit 12hrs. I'm in Europe for the entire duration of the draft so the timing's gonna be tricky.

Monk

Referee
Oh on the player cut restriction note.

I'm going to say that 10 is ridiculously small a number to consider, as it limits it to 1 player cut every 3 rounds basically.

If we were to do it, id say 52 would be a good number (2 per round). Most other NRL Fantasy games have a similar thing going, so it's not ridiculous, but if we do have a specific number of cuts, it is a must that they don't begin until the season begins, i want to be able to chop and change my squad in the pre-season without being penalised for it.

In saying that, id prefer unlimited cuts,.

abpanther

Staff member
I think if we are gonna have restrictions is should be at least 1-2 terminations per round, thoughts on that?

I will set the draft time limit to 12 hours for now, we'll see how we go for the next week or so, then if we have to ramp it up we can.

Yes Monk I have your email, still waiting on 5 others, can't start till we get theirs

Latest posts