What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's growth mindset points to 18th team. And it ain't Perth.

MugaB

Coach
Being realistic about the state of reality isn't being negative.

You can't change things for the better if you refuse to accept you have a problem.
Yes, but you seem to edge for or look for every single problem, reality is, its not a problem till it actually is, constantly stating issues to either side step or not take the road, means you might as well be a rock, stay put, do nothing.....
images.jpeg-112.jpg

mongoose

Coach
That’s the catch 22 though. Australians (players and coaches) don’t often go to the Warriors. They find it hard to recruit anybody, so unless they either go ridiculously over the top with money in order to lure someone across, or they are going to be stuck with the dregs who have no other options.

Todd Payten is a perfect example. He was an assistant coach but as soon as he had options he decided to go back home. That is their biggest problem.
I thought they let Payten walk, because you know.... Warriors.

The Warriors have so much potential, they could be as big as the Broncos off the field and as dominant as the Storm on the field. A very astute and patient coach could do great things there.

Colk

First Grade

The Warriors have so much potential, they could be as big as the Broncos off the field and as dominant as the Storm on the field. A very astute and patient coach could do great things there.

They didn’t let him walk from my memory. They offered him a contract to be first grade coach and he decided not to take it up because he wanted to go home to Australia. Then poor buggers decided to choose Nathan Brown of all people.

Some of it is definitely their fault but it is very hard to attract coaching talent in particular.

MugaB

Coach

Ivan Cleary...

Colk

First Grade
Ivan Cleary...

That there has been their only good coach. They couldn’t keep him though because he had options and he wanted to go home. That’s the problem.

The only way that this problem gets solved is having a good homegrown Kiwi coach who doesn’t have the temptation (or as much) to walk out of the joint

They didn’t let him walk from my memory. They offered him a contract to be first grade coach and he decided not to take it up because he wanted to go home to Australia. Then poor buggers decided to choose Nathan Brown of all people.

Some of it is definitely their fault but it is very hard to attract coaching talent in particular.
The legendary Trent Barrett is on the market...

Could we see another slapfest between Browny and Trenty?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Yes, but you seem to edge for or look for every single problem, reality is, its not a problem till it actually is, constantly stating issues to either side step or not take the road, means you might as well be a rock, stay put, do nothing.....
What a load of pretentious, moronically stupid, shit.

Using that logic we shouldn't build dykes to prevent floods because the flood isn't a 'problem' until it's actually happened and everything is washed away. We shouldn't vaccinate kids against diseases because it's not a 'problem' until they get sick. We shouldn't worry about building, health, food safety, etc, standards because it's not a 'problem' until somebody is hurt... Do I need to carry on with examples?

If you can foresee a problem and mitigate it before it actually happens then it never 'actually' becomes a problem, and it's negligent in the extreme to ignore obvious potential problems simply because you find them inconvenient to your goals.

It's also extremely insulting that a person like you, whom regularly and enthusiastically supports totally regressive ideas, has the gall to call me too conservative and incapable of significant change.

MugaB

Coach
What a load of pretentious, moronically stupid, shit.

Using that logic we shouldn't build dykes to prevent floods because the flood isn't a 'problem' until it's actually happened and everything is washed away. We shouldn't vaccinate kids against diseases because it's not a 'problem' until they get sick. We shouldn't worry about building, health, food safety, etc, standards because it's not a 'problem' until somebody is hurt... Do I need to carry on with examples?

If you can foresee a problem and mitigate it before it actually happens then it never 'actually' becomes a problem, and it's negligent in the extreme to ignore obvious potential problems simply because you find them inconvenient to your goals.

It's also extremely insulting that a person like you, whom regularly and enthusiastically supports totally regressive ideas, has the gall to call me too conservative and incapable of significant change.
I don't support regressive ideas... i support penrith... i don't however shitcoat every idea that gets posted regarding expansion, thats kinda the point i was getting at...regarding rocks, not common sence vaccinations hahaha.. i think the only time i did, was after watching that dreadful firehawks presser, that just told me how inept some bidders are..

Payten wanted to be in Australia because his partners father has cancer, and they wanted to be able to actually see him (care for him etc). With the covid border restrictions, especially with NZ, that would have made it nearly impossible. Hence he chose the Cowboys offer.
Brown is at The Warriors thanks to one Gus Gould. He was the one who recommended Brown to the Warriors board

flippikat

Bench
Nz2 bears trumps Perth lol

nz were already favourites before

the bears are what gave Perth the lead
Weeeeell, if it was "The Bears" (without a geographical name, much like the Dolphins) based in Christchurch, in that flash new stadium that's being built, I think locals there would get on board.

Any team in red & black there goes down well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Weeeeell, if it was "The Bears" (without a geographical name, much like the Dolphins) based in Christchurch, in that flash new stadium that's being built, I think locals there would get on board.

Any team in red & black there goes down well.
9 games at nso, 3 in Christchurch. Go ’The’ Bears lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
Have you decided to revert to shitting on other bids again? Bring back Perth Bear!
What? I’m being positve,this makes Perfect sense to nswrl Vlandys and is the small city of Christchurch’s best chance against the might of a perth bid lol

MugaB

Coach
What? I’m being positve,this makes Perfect sense to nswrl Vlandys and is the small city of Christchurch’s best chance against the might of a perth bid lol
Hahaha no one wants more than 2 games at NSO, having 9 is just you taking the piss, if you said 6 SFS, 6 Christchurch then i'd back you or even 3SFS,6CCnz,3 wellington then that would be even better

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hahaha no one wants more than 2 games at NSO, having 9 is just you taking the piss, if you said 6 SFS, 6 Christchurch then i'd back you or even 3SFS,6CCnz,3 wellington then that would be even better
the whole notion that we should choose a bid just to get bears back is taking the piss, I’m just going along With the stupidity of it.