What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL's Tim Smith and cricket's Clarke 'clash'

jayman

Juniors
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=107673

Parramatta playmaker Tim Smith is in the news again - for all the wrong reasons.

The Eels playmaker was reportedly involved in a bar-room scuffle with national team cricketer Michael Clarke on Sunday night and subsequently thrown out by bouncers at Cronulla hotel Northies.

Smith allegedly pushed Clarke after a heated argument in front of other patrons at the pub at about 10pm, News Limited reported.

A patron at the club, who was witness to the incident, said the pair had to be broken up by security.

"They were in each other's faces. Then Smith pushed Michael Clarke and he got kicked out," the patron said.

It is understood Smith, who was drinking with teammate Mark Riddell, then moved on to nearby nightclub Fusion.

Smith's manager David Rioli said he had not discussed the matter with the young star, who is in camp with the Eels at Wyong ahead of their bye this weekend.

"As far as I know it wasn't a major incident," Rioli told the News Limited newspaper.

Just over a month ago the reigning Dally M Rookie of the year turned up drunk for Eels training along with Riddell and was stood down from first grade.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eels star, Test cricketer clash
By Chris Barrett
June 21, 2006

TROUBLED Parramatta star Tim Smith has been involved in a bar-room scuffle with Australia Test cricketer Michael Clarke - just four weeks after turning up to Eels training drunk.

The 21-year-old halfback, back in first grade after being stood down for his indiscretion last month, was thrown out by bouncers at Cronulla hotel Northies on Sunday night after an altercation with Clarke.

Smith allegedly pushed Clarke following a heated argument in front of other patrons at the pub at about 10pm.

He was drinking at the hotel with fellow Eel Mark Riddell, before turning up to training drunk on May 15, the same day Brian Smith quit the club as coach.

Clarke's manager Lisa Stallard yesterday confirmed the pair had been involved in an incident at Northies.

"There was a bit of mucking around that got out of hand," she said. "The bouncers weren't happy with it and Tim go the raw end of the stick and got thrown out."

Smith, in camp with the Eels at Wyong ahead of their bye this weekend, was unable to be contacted yesterday.

His manager David Rioli said last night he had not discussed the altercation with his player.

"As far as I know it wasn't a major incident," Rioli said.

But a fellow patron, who was witness to the scuffle, told The Daily Telegraph the pair had to be broken up by security.

"They were in each other's faces. Then Smith pushed Michael Clarke and he got kicked out," the patron said.

"There were a lot of people around ... (Smith) was carrying on like he owned the joint."

Smith and Riddell are understood to have then moved on to nearby nightclub Fusion.

Northies licensee Rob Stanley-Jones said he was aware Smith had been ejected by bouncers on Sunday night.

"We do get a lot of sporting celebrities but if anybody exhibits intoxication or any violent behaviour they will be asked to leave," Stanley-Jones said.

"And that's what happened."

The incident follows a series of booze-related misdemeanours at Parramatta in the past five weeks.

The most recent involved winger Jarryd Hayne, who was fined $1000 after admitting he bit a woman on the arm while intoxicated at The Roxy nightclub a fortnight ago.

The spate of alcohol-related antics has already prompted Eels CEO Dennis Fitzgerald to call a summit with players to address the booze issue.

Fitzgerald last night refused to comment on the latest Smith incident but confirmed the meeting with players would happen before the end of the month.

"No, (the summit) hasn't happened yet," Fitzgerald said. "They're in camp at the moment. It will happen when they get back."

Fitzgerald has already met with coaching staff to voice his concerns at the struggling club's recent off-field behaviour problems and the club has put in place plans for a players' alcohol strategy.

The Daily Telegraph

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,19534350-32463,00.html

I'd drop him for the rest of the season

Riddell seems to be a bad influence too

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
If this is all true, which ill assume so, what is wrong with these footy stars?!! ARE THEY REALLY THAT STUPID? he got burnt from a similiar event weeks ago yet here he is doing the same damn thing

:crazy: :crazy:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Get over yourselfs people!!!

FFS Tim pushed another celebrity, boo f**king hoo!!!!!!

**edit -stick to the facts**

This is an absolute joke, talking about dumping a bloke for the season because he pushed someone, f**k me, grow up peoples, and stop acting like the good samaritan.

Next people will be sacked for farting.

jayman

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
Get over yourselfs people!!!

FFS Tim pushed another celebrity, boo f**king hoo!!!!!!

This is an absolute joke, talking about dumping a bloke for the season because he pushed someone, f**k me, grow up peoples, and stop acting like the good samaritan.

Next people will be sacked for farting.

**edit**

but in this footy climate.. smith is going to get cruicfied by the media and how fans.. bye bye smith.. hullo pj at 7 morris 6...

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I won't beleive the story untill they get Timmy's manger's name right

it's David Riolo not David Rioli

Ron Jeremy

Coach
*edit*

But the bottom line hear is, nobody got hurt, a push is no big deal, it's not like he whacked the bloke, a push can also be taken so many ways, i bet their were plenty of pushes at the night club on that night, but because it's Tim Smith and Michael Clarke, the spot light was on both of them.

eelsta

Bench
No excuses this is the 3rd incident involving tim

seems to be a big head, drop him i say i've had enough of this sh*t

Gronk

Staff member
I dont see a problem with it. A push and shove never hurt anyone.

I just wish that Timmy would take the line on like he takes them on in the pub. Maybe we should run him on half tanked vs the Raiders and see what happens ? :p

The Colonel

Immortal
Guys can we leave the details to what we know. Also can we not de-construct characters without knowing what has fully gone on.

The Colonel

Immortal
Great way to wake up by the way. Not particularly impressed at all seeing this is his third incident and I really think the club needs to act firmly in this matter. Forget the details of what did or didn't happen. And yes I have changed my tune. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but not anymore.

I've ended up with egg on my face in regards to defending him as a 21 yr old who is just being a 21 yr old. The club need to seriously consider his future or put this kid in to alcohol counselling as this is getting bloody ridiculous. I think Riddell also needs to be hauled in over the matter.

Eelectrica

Referee
Tim Smith is throwing his career away.
Maybe the club should get a Parra legend like Sterlo to sit down with him and talk about where his career is going. He'd probably pay more attention if it came from a bloke like Sterlo.

Kornstar

Coach
Firstly, he is an idiot!!! It may be a minor incident, however it is still an incident!

Secondly, he and Riddell should not be allowed to hang round each other!!

Thirdly, Green must be promoted to take Timmy's spot and Timmy can play in P/L for the rest of the season to deflate that big head of his!!!!

Again i know it is minor but the fact that he got himself in the paper for the third time in the space of a year is not on, the club needs to punish him severly as the punishments previously have not worked!!!!!

I am a big supporter of Tim but i am with Colonel on this one, i have egg on my face too as i have defended him many times aswell

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Gronk said:
I dont see a problem with it. A push and shove never hurt anyone.

I just wish that Timmy would take the line on like he takes them on in the pub. Maybe we should run him on half tanked vs the Raiders and see what happens ? :p

maybe not, but the problem I see is that he's always drunk

we dont need this,

get rid of both of them imo

The Colonel

Immortal
Jake the snake said:
The drama queens are out. He should of punched the crap out of the Blonde haired twat!! Go hard Timmy.

Sorry mate but he is pissing a very good career up against the wall.....

MURDERERS don't get the same media coverage. People die in Africa everyday and these idiots are worried about a push and shove.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Finally its all coming into place keep going timmy i say!

And everyone reckons this kis is the sh*t. Instead of getting pissed he should be playing more ball and training hard.

If wa the coach id put a ferfue on tese players and if borken will be dropped form the team.

And Ridell hasne been as god as last year but is slowly coming good.

SACK HIM NOW