What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW 2024 - Parramatta Eels

Delboy

First Grade
Got to admit , smart recruiting, Newie just bought the 2 best players from the Broncos and added to them. The 17 year old 7 is a special player too, would be MOM, but that would go to one of the stars.

Listening to Flanagan, thank you know what that he’s not our coach.

Delboy

First Grade
Casey managed to ref the game out of the Eels control initially, and then it became too big to overcome.
Great effort by our NRLW team, next year will be more than interesting given 4 new teams and the off seasons recruiting yet to come and will see massive movement given most girls were signed to one year contracts.

Gronk

Staff member
Casey managed to ref the game out of the Eels control initially, and then it became too big to overcome.
Great effort by our NRLW team, next year will be more than interesting given 4 new teams and the off seasons recruiting yet to come and will see massive movement given most girls were signed to one year contracts.
It’s depressing how all our players are free agents and we have to start again. How Newcastle, Roosters etc ended up with the marquee players and we just had to cope with the dregs needs to be investigated.

Anyway f**k you system, our team had the heart and tenacity of a lioness and got to the big dance anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
great effort by our ladies to make it to the GF

Onward and upward from here next year

It’s depressing how all our players are free agents and we have to start again. How Newcastle, Roosters etc ended up with the marquee players and we just had to cope with the dregs needs to be investigated.

Anyway f**k you system, our team had the heart and tenacity of a lioness and got to the big dance anyway.
Roosters lost 5 players to the Knights from the starting 17 team that won the earlier NRLW comp this year plus Corban Baxter (Pregnancy) and Brydie Parker (ACL in the GF).

The only current NRLW players the Roosters signed from the earlier comp where Shaniah Powers and Destiny Brill from the Titans and Jayme Frassard from the Knights.

So not correct about Marque players - all teams can sign 2 marque players

Yes all players are off contract at the end of each NRLW Comp - sign 3 month contracts only - Need to look at this contract arrangements as ridiculous having to sign 24 players for each new comp.

No Salary cap as yet for 2023 and no comp start date and how the season will operate in the 10 team comp

Sydney Roosters​

Gains: Angelina Teakaraanga-Katoa,(North Sydney Bears) Destiny Brill (Titans), Jada Taylor(Sydney Roosters Tarsha Gale) Jasmin Strange (Central Coast Roosters), Jayme Fressard (Knights), Samantha Bremner (unattached), Shaniah Power (Titans), Shannon Rose(Central Coast Roosters)

Losses: Yasmin Clydsdale (Knights), Olivia Higgins (Knights) Simone Karpani (Knights), Tayla Predebon (Knights), Brydie Parker (injured), Hannah Southwell (Knights), Corban Baxter (pregnancy).

Gronk

Staff member
^^^ I know that we only have Tarsha Gale and NRLW, but I hope that this does not mean that we have lost them for good.

Edit: all good, I have jumped the gun. As you were.

I’m really excited to come to the Dogs. I’ve had some really good experiences already, you know, seeing the [Canterbury-Bankstown] Leagues Club, the facilities, and their bid for an NRLW side in ’24 or ’25.