What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRLW 2023

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Bree Chester is pencilled in for that spot atm I reckon, if you log onto NSWRL TV on Facebook on 7pm Monday the girls are playing the Roosters and she’s named (along with pretty close to an NRLW strength lineup, Southwell, Moran, Clydsdale, Predebon, Parker and others all playing).

PhilGould

Bench
Female players should be free to start signing with NRLW clubs as soon as this weekend with the NRL and players union on the verge of ending their stalemate over the women’s game.

Sport Confidential understands that the NRL and RLPA have all but reached agreement on a deal that would allow female players to secure their futures in preparation for the start of the NRLW season in July.

The women’s game has been in stasis while officials brokered an agreement over their contracting system and playing rights. With the issues around the women’s game resolved, officials will meet on Friday to try to finalise talks over the men’s game.

ARL Commission chair Peter V’landys and RLPA chair Deidre Anderson are expected to be involved in discussions on Friday and although several issues remain outstanding, the big ticket items have largely been agreed.

PhilGould

Bench
Bobbi Law to the Dragons is the first official NRLW signing of the season and our first confirmed loss. Not a huge name but a very solid local player that I thought would be back for sure.

PhilGould

Bench
2nd confirmed loss - Romy Teitzel back to the Broncos. Not surprising that she left but would've bet everything on it being back home to the Cowboys.

In better news Tamika Upton played for our state cup team so you can take it to the bank that she's sticking around.

aqua_duck

Coach
Was she the bench hooker from last year? If so, crafty little player who often caused havoc with her running game.
Yep, she was dynamic out of dummy half and will be a big loss but kind of expected given shes from Townsville. Most people expected her and Romy Teitzel to head home given Nth Qld entering the comp, I’m shocked Teitzel chose to rejoin the broncos

PhilGould

Bench
We've apparently signed England international half Georgia Roche, currently with Leeds Rhinos. Had 9 try assists in 4 games at the World Cup, but 7 of those were against Brazil & Canada so not exactly NRLW standard competition.

PhilGould

Bench
Expecting an announcement in the next few hours that Tamika Upton has signed a 5-year deal with the Knights. Longest contract I’ve seen reported so far for NRLW.

Yosh

Coach
Is Parr and Co. also in charge of the women's team or are they a totally separate organization run by a totally different set of people?

Apey

Staff member
How good is it that she came with Boyle essentially as a package deal and likes it enough here she wants to stay for 5 years?

aqua_duck

Coach
hope this 5 year deal works out better for us than the one we gave to the other QLD origin fullback 😉
I think it sends a strong message how highly the club is prioritising the women's game.