What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRZL pulls out of World Cup

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah weird…. Did they miss the Euros , Wimbledon etc

Kane, Ross and co didn’t seem to have any ‘safety’ issues

Just be upfront and say that it is a money issue, they don’t want to pay for players to go through quarantine etc, and that they value the NRL and Origin more than international footy and want as minimal impact on that ad possible

Reactions: JJ

WellsNZ

Juniors
Thought we could have had a really good team this year, especially with the form Hughes and Brown have been in.

morningstar

Juniors
Piss weak. NZRL just confirming we are Australia’s lapdog.

Sick of media using the Warriors as justification for the welfare issues as well. If they cared that much they’d let the poor buggers come home now. From our current fit squad only 10 players were likely to picked for the world cup and majority of them haven’t set foot in NZ since becoming Warriors.

Addin Fonua-Blake - Tonga
Ben Murdoch-Masila - Tonga
Euan Aitken - Scotland
Kane Evans - Fiji
Marcelo Montoya - Fiji
Dallin Watene Zelezniak - NZ

Jazz Tevaga - Samoa
David Fusitua - Tonga
Bunty Afoa - Samoa
Eli Katoa - Tonga

WellsNZ

Juniors
You’d presume it won’t, but if it does go ahead, how many players do the kiwis lose to Samoa and Tonga ?

I feel like all the ones I'd be concerned over defecting have already done it except for Brown, and then Papali'i could go either way.

Campion

Juniors
would they get MIQ spots coming back to NZ though? Plenty of people can't get them (booked out till end-November.. December hasn't been released). Only people running scripts can get them; they fill up in the space of 1-2 seconds once released. It would be a kick in the teeth for a lot of people if sportsmen got to bypass that. (For some context, some people can't see their own kids for example, becuse they can't get a spot).

TheDMC

Bench
would they get MIQ spots coming back to NZ though? Plenty of people can't get them (booked out till end-November.. December hasn't been released). Only people running scripts can get them; they fill up in the space of 1-2 seconds once released. It would be a kick in the teeth for a lot of people if sportsmen got to bypass that. (For some context, some people can't see their own kids for example, becuse they can't get a spot).

Hundreds (500 I think) of MIQ spots being held for the NZ Olympic team and support staff...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
NZRL boss was on SENZ this morning, another large reason apparently is that the majority of our side are refusing to get vaccinated

morningstar

Juniors
Plus Argentina & South Africa will be coming for Rugby Championship in next couple of months. Would be a bit rich to let them in and not our own national league team.

JJ

Immortal
It is a no brainer, but people are free to choose and run the risk of hospitalisation and death. Most it won't affect, but when they give it to their grandparents or parent it may not go so well for them.
To late to vaccinate once you have it.
Definitely people can exercise their choice…. But the world needs to move forward and if that is indeed a factor then it’s pretty disappointing.
Athletes are privileged in that their worlds have been less affected than many, I understand the Warriors have been away from home but they’re well paid and doing something they love, unlike many in the real world

Matua

Bench
You’d presume it won’t, but if it does go ahead, how many players do the kiwis lose to Samoa and Tonga ?
I doubt Samoa and Tonga will go if Oz and NZ don't go. As I wrote in another thread, if the Cooks can find some halves with their Kiwis (and couple of Aussies), they'll be a force to rival those two.

Matua

Bench
NZRL boss was on SENZ this morning, another large reason apparently is that the majority of our side are refusing to get vaccinated
Oh great, now my last favourite league team are doing their best to chase me away. Idiots.

If I was him I'd just no vax no play.

Latest posts