What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Blues Prop Crisis

Brett_Empire

Juniors
Did anyone else read the rubbish in the Telegraph today ??

Props are about the only place NSW are strong.
AIDEN TOLMAN... need I say more ?? well mannah and hunt aren't bad
New South Wales would have been stronger in the past 5 years had we picked the right players.
Hopefully Ricky gets it right, if so we will compete and may even win.
Gumbies like LYON, COOPER, KITE, GIDLEY, LEWIS have to be dropped.
Paul Gallen didn't even play Origin 1 in 2010 ??? What the...

Laurie Daley stepping down from NSW Selectors is the best thing thats ever happened to us !

PS. Just joined the Forum today, hopefully i've posted this correctly ??

perverse

Referee
Tim Mannah, Kade Snowden, Tim Grant, Aiden Tolman, Trent Merrin...

yeah, real crisis.

Eels Dude

Coach
Mannah, Tolman and Grant from Penrith are the best young props in the game. Snowden and Douglas bet get better every year too.

Johns Magic

Referee
8. Tolman
10. Snowden

14. Mannah
15. Grant

Close: Hunt, Merrin, Galloway, Weyman, Luke Bailey, Bryce Gibbs(seriously)

RWB

Bench
Crisis? We're in the best position we've been in for some years...

Jason King disgraced himself and has probably been black listed.
Brett White no longer gets the coaches favourite pick.
Josh Perry f**ked off to England.

The only negative being that TLL has been in a poor patch of form but he'd still be the first prop picked given last years State of Origin.

dubopov

Coach
Mannah, Tolman and Grant from Penrith are the best young props in the game. Snowden and Douglas bet get better every year too.

hmm .. didn't watch Scott bash Mannah into submission last weekend .. Scott is far and away the best prop.

Jono078

Referee
There's no issue yet.

My top 3 to choose right now would be Snowden, Mannah and Galloway.

Then id also prob have Learoyd-Lahrs on the bench.

Tim Grant is getting named a bit, I havn't seen much of him recently but he must have improved quite a bit in the last year or 2?

Also Luke Douglas is probably due if he's been keeping his good form, he's a bit more versatile and mobile which is good.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Our front-row stocks at the moment are fantastic, and it's probably the best group of young forwards I've seen in 20 years. TLL showed how much punishment he can dish out last year, and has been just about our best forward since making his debut, and will probably be in the team for the next 5-7 years. Mannah and Tolman I can see playing 25+ Origins and 20+ Test matches, with Mannah been a potential future Origin and Test captain. Weyman, Snowden, Douglas and Grant will be mainstays in our pack for the next decade if they keep up their form. Then you have guys like Galloway, Hunt, Tilse, and Merrin knocking on the door now or in a couple of years time. I haven't been this excited about our frontrow depth in a very long time. They sure beat guys like White, Perry and Kite...

It's our backrow depth that will be the biggest problem in the next 5 years or so. Guys like Laffranchi, Watmough, Lewis, Bird and Creagh will more than likely retire within that timeframe, and the depth beyond that looks thin. Fensom is quality, as is Houston, Shackleton, Prior and Thompson, but beyond that there really isn't anyone else. And most of these guys are workers not game-breakers anyway. Workers are good, but you do need some ball-playing ability or line running/hole-hitting skills from a couple of forwards if you can. I'm hoping we see some of the NYC guys emerge over the next two to three years. That would be nice...

adamkungl

Immortal
It's our backrow depth that will be the biggest problem in the next 5 years or so. Guys like Laffranchi, Watmough, Lewis, Bird and Creagh will more than likely retire within that timeframe,

Oh no whatever will we do!

and the depth beyond that looks thin. Fensom is quality, as is Houston, Shackleton, Prior and Thompson, but beyond that there really isn't anyone else. And most of these guys are workers not game-breakers anyway. Workers are good, but you do need some ball-playing ability or line running/hole-hitting skills from a couple of forwards if you can. I'm hoping we see some of the NYC guys emerge over the next two to three years. That would be nice...

Decent backrowers are a dime a dozen...we'll be fine. Mitch Aubusson will bring glory to NSW :D

GB!

Juniors
if the names mentioned in this thread are the best NSW have, that yes you are in crisis :lol:
6 in a row!!! :cool:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Oh no whatever will we do!
I like Laffranchi actually. Probably didn't get used as well as he should have at Origin level I thought. Creagh on the other hand...

Decent backrowers are a dime a dozen...we'll be fine. Mitch Aubusson will bring glory to NSW :D

Yeah, decent backrowers are a dime a dozen, but great backrowers in the mould of your Kennedy's and Tallis's are rare.