What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup player bites off opponent's ear

Chook Norris

First Grade
League judiciary cops an earful
25/08/2010 7:09 PM
Adam Lucius
Sportal

The judiciary case against a rugby league player who bit part of an opponent's ear off has been delayed by a week.

North Sydney NSW Cup winger Mitchell Stevens faces a 12-month ban from the game after being charged with chomping on the ear of Balmain forward Justin Schirnack during a spiteful match at North Sydney Oval last Sunday.

The pair had been fighting when Schirnack, who has played NRL with Wests Tigers this year, reeled away with blood pouring from what he thought was a head gash.

Tigers trainers were shocked to find part of Schirnack's ear missing when they went to treat him.

He bravely played on but was later sent off for a high tackle.

The Bears have sacked Stevens, who will now face the NSWRL judiciary next Wednesday after having the case postponed for seven days due to the intense media scrutiny surrounding the incident.

Schirnack hopes the judiciary hits Stevens hard.

"I was involved in a bit of biff with the guy and we started wrestling on the ground," Schirnack told Rugby League Week magazine."

"Other players came running in and, as we were wrestling on the ground, he took a chunk out of my ear. I couldn't believe it."

"It wasn't really all that painful, but when I realised a bit of my ear was missing, I was in shock."

Doctors have told Schirnack there is little they can do for him as the chunk of ear was never found."

"I saw a plastic surgeon but he said there wasn't much he could do," he said.

"We didn't have the missing bit. It looks pretty ugly but what can I do?"

"It's a low act and hopefully he will get punished for it."

http://sportal.com.au/league-news-display/league-judiciary-cops-an-earful-97352

chelseabree

Juniors
Don't tell me .He played for Newtown and his name was Frank " but it couldn't have been me , I took my teeth out before i went out to play'.

Latest posts